Introduction - UGET 2017
COMEDK is the “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” to determine the merit of students in an effective, fair, transparent and non-exploitative testing procedure and has been floated by the Associations of Medical, Dental and Engineering private colleges for merit determination of students seeking admissions to the Member Institution. Presently about 150 Engineering colleges, who make available around 20,000 seats, are affiliated to COMEDK and utilize its testing mechanism for effecting admission to UG Program during the academic year 2017-2018. KUPECA has entrusted COMEDK with the responsibility of conducting the entrance examination and seat selection process.
For the academic year 2017 – 18, COMEDK will conduct Under Graduate Entrance Test 2017 (UGET 2017) for admission to undergraduate engineering courses on Sunday the 14/05/2017.
COMEDK UGET 2017 entrance exam will be an online computer based test and will be held at centers across the country to facilitate the students to take their exam closer to their homes and to minimize the cost of travel and other logistics.
The said test will be held keeping in view the triple test criteria of being fair, transparent and non- exploitative and to ensure merit based admissions through a single common entrance test followed by centralized counseling as envisaged by the Hon’ble Supreme Court in TMA Pai Foundation Vs. the State (2002) 8 SCC 481, Islamic Academy of Education Vs. the State reported in (2003) 6 SCC 697 and PA Inamdar Vs. the State of Maharashtra reported in (2005) 6 SCC 537.This Brochure provides a fair idea as to how and what the candidates have to follow as procedure for filling the application, eligibility criteria, test procedures, eligibility to participate in seat selection process, mandatory certificates / documents to be produced, securing the Test Admission Ticket, the malpractices and the measures required to be observed for avoiding the same, consequences of such malpractices, etc.
Applicants are required to read this brochure thoroughly, so as to familiarize themselves and adhere to the rules strictly. Further, COMEDK’s website www.comedk.org contains information and current updates/alerts. This site is updated regularly. COMEDK suggests all applicants to visit it frequently for relevant information.
Candidates from all over the country can appear for the UGET 2017 entrance examination. The eligibility criterion for various programs has been as published by COMEDK in its Notification dated 21.12.2016 on its website www.comedk.org which is reproduced as under:-
For UG Engineering Courses
The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
Note: The candidates shall submit the original marks card of the examination during counseling for proving their eligibility vis-a-vis marks scored as evidenced by the original marks card
For UG Architecture Courses
The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
The candidates should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of
Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students.
There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course
Candidates seeking admission to B. Arch course shall submit separate application form for counseling as per the notification on COMEDK website (will be made available before counseling)
Note: Notwithstanding the eligibility criteria mentioned as above, the changes, if any, effected by AICTE, VTU, COA or any other competent Regulatory Authorities shall be adopted mutatis mutandis.
Rank Card will be generated only for those candidates who become eligible for admission to under
Graduate Courses as per the regulations of AICTE / VTU.
Status of the Candidates
Candidates are classified as General Merit and Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes (On Karnataka Basis) or those belonging to Tulu / /Christian minority communities and those belonging to Hyderabad-Karnataka (HK) Region; there is reservation for admissions to educational institutions for candidates who are ‘local persons’ for HK region as per Karnataka Government Order in No. DPAR 06 PLX 2012 dated 06.11.2013 which is available separately on the website and issued pursuant to Art.371J of the Indian Constitution. Though there is no reservation for any other categories permissible as of date, the classification is being followed for eligibility norms only.
- Declaration once made in the application with regard to the category status like GM / SC / ST / OBC / Minority and H-K Region WILL NOT BE changed subsequently under any circumstances.
- The candidates are cautioned to fill in the application form with great care about the category status.
- The candidates who have claimed category such as (SC/ST/OBC) of Karnataka should produce a valid certificate at the time of Counseling.
- If the certificates are not produced or not valid and if the candidates fall under 40% criteria for lower eligibility his / her rank will become invalid and he / she will not be allowed to participate in the counseling process.
- The candidates who have claimed Minority / Hyderabad Karnataka status should produce a valid certificate at the time of first appearance in the Counseling. If the certificates are not produced or not valid then such of these candidates will not be entitled to select a seat under the reservation claimed.
- Certificates for SC/ST/OBC/Minority and H-K Region, if applicable, should have been procured before the submission of Online Application.
- If the category certificate is different and exclusive, such of the candidates shall submit not only the category certificate but also the caste and Income certificate issued by the competent authority in original at the time of counseling.
The fee for COMEDK UGET 2017 is Rs. 1200/- (For PCM ) and for Both COMEDK AND UniGAUGE is Rs.2000.
- This fee is non-refundable under any circumstance including judicial and statutory reasons.
Fee payment for application is only through online mode via Net Banking, Credit Card and Debit Card
- You will be directed to Citrus payment portal after clicking on submit button to complete the payment process.
- Please re login into application after completion of your payment to verify the status of your payment.
- The application fee paid for COMEDK and UniGAUGE are independent of each other. For claims/issues, if any, the candidates have to approach the respective agencies for redressal.
- This fee is non-refundable under any circumstance including judicial and statutory reasons.
Registration And Procedure For Making Online Application
The Candidates have to register themselves at www.comedk.org. The candidates may access the How to Apply Document, general instructions and the explanation for filling the required fields through the link in the website www.comedk.org. However, these instructions are reproduced as under
General Instructions for Registration
- All the details asked for in Registration /Application form are Mandatory.
- E-mail ID and mobile number should remain the same till the Admission process is completed
- An Email ID once used for Registration online cannot be used again.
- Details given at the time of registration cannot be edited later on in the application form.
- Please review all details entered at time of registration before CLICKING ON SUBMIT BUTTON and proceeding to application form.
- After successful registration, you will receive the User id and Password on your Mobile Number and E mail id which is unique & system generated. Log in with your unique USER ID and PASSWORD to complete the application process. Click on EDIT button (Right hand top corner) to be directed to Application Form
- Kindly use Internet Explorer(version 7 to 11) or Mozilla Firefox(14 to 34) or Google Chrome(20 to 36) to fill in the Application Form. Also clear your browsing history and cache and retry in case you are facing any technical issue in viewing the details in application form.
Explanation of fields IN REGISTRATION Form
- Name of the Applicant: Enter your full Name (as it appears in your SSLC/10th Std Marks Card), In the case of a candidate who has changed his/ her name for any reason, the original proof of the same has to be produced at the time of admission.
- Date of Birth: DOB to be entered as per 10th /SSLC Marks card only.
- Email-ID: Enter your valid Email ID for all correspondence.
- Mobile No: Enter your Mobile number.
- Applicants Unique ID Proof: Select the ID proof that the candidate will bring in original at the time of exam and admission process from the list provided.
- Approved list of ID proof for candidates; (i)Voter ID, (ii) Passport, (iii) PAN Card, (iv) Driving License, (v) Aadhar Card and (vi) School / College Photo ID The scan copy of the same has to be uploaded in the application form. The candidate has to use the same ID proof that is mentioned in the application form, till the entire admission process is complete.
- In case the candidate has selected “School / College Photo ID” , then he/she must carry the below mentioned documents during examination and admission at the college level: i. “School / College Photo ID” in original and ii. Photocopy of the same (School / College Photo ID) attested by the principal of the institution last studied (2nd PUC/12th STD).
- CAUTION: ANY ID PROOF OTHER THAN WHAT HAS BEEN DECLARED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTABLE FOR THE TEST / ADMISSION AT COLLEGE LEVEL
- Applicants Unique ID Proof Number: Enter the Unique ID proof number as mentioned in the ID proof selected, if applicable. For instance, if you have declared ID proof as driving license and your ID proof number is ‘KA01 20110001212’ enter the ID number as ‘KA0120110001212’
Instructions for filling the Online Application Form
Candidates are advised to go through the instructions carefully before filling up the online Application Form
General Instructions for filling the Online Application Form.
- Once the application form is submitted online, request for any change in the data entered in the application form will NOT be entertained; hence the candidates are cautioned to be careful while filling the Online Application Form
- Ensure that Online Application Form is filled properly with all complete details. Click on “PREVIEW” button and re- verify all the particulars in application form before clicking on SUBMIT button.
- Incomplete / incorrect applications are liable to be rejected at any stage without prior information to the candidate.
- Multiple application forms from the same candidate will result in confusion leading to disqualification of the candidate.
- COMEDK is not responsible for any error that the candidate commits while filling the Online Application Form.
For further information on guidelines for iploading images and documents in application form click here
Rejected Applications and Change Request
Applications without any of the mandatory documents/ information will be summarily rejected; they will not be considered for processing.
- Applications with incomplete/incorrect details can be rejected at any time.
- The candidates whose applications are rejected or wish to reapply for any reason can fill up a new application online and submit the same by making new payment before the last date of application.
- However they should register again with a new Email ID, fill Online Application Form and submit the same online before last day of submission of online application form
- COMEDK does not take responsibility to inform such of those candidates individually whose application is rejected though the reasons for rejections would be hosted on its website under applicant login/communicated via email.
- Therefore, the candidates are advised to doubly check that their application form is complete in all respect before submitting the same.
- The candidates are advised to check the website regularly for regular updates.
Candidates are cautioned to fill up the online application carefully as the request for change in any application data entered and submitted online will not be entertained.
UGET 2017 Brochure
Calender of Events
13 TH FEBRUARY 2017 Start date for registration and issue of online Application for COMEDK UGET /Uni-GAUGE E 2017 20 TH FEBRUARY 2017 Mock test made available online. 20 TH APRIL 2017 Last date for online payments and Last date for Submission of completed application online 5 TH MAY 2017 Start date for download of Test Admission Ticket on the website 13 TH MAY 2017 Last date for downloading of Online Test Admission Ticket(TAT) 14 TH MAY 2017 COMEDK UGET & Uni-GAUGE E 2017 Engineering Entrance Exam 2017 18TH MAY 2017 Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys and start date for online submission of objections/challenge of Provisional Answer keys 22 ND MAY 2017 Last date for receiving challenges/objections pertaining to Provisional Answer Keys 26 TH MAY 2017 Publishing of Final Answer keys 29 TH MAY 2017 Test Score cards made available online to the candidates
Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” (COMEDK).
# 132, Second Floor,11th Main, 17th Cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore-560 055
Fax: 080 23568309
Monday to Friday:10:30 am to 5:00 pm,
Saturday :10:30 am to 1:00 pm on
Not operational on Sunday and other public holidays.
Assistance to candidates
For queries on Online Application form and exam related queries you may contact ERA Foundation Office.