Introduction - UGET 2018
COMEDK is the “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” to determine the merit of students in an effective, fair, transparent and non-exploitative testing procedure and has been floated by the Associations of Medical, Dental and Engineering private colleges for merit determination of students seeking admissions to the Member Institution. Presently about 150 Engineering colleges, who make available around 20,000 seats, are affiliated to COMEDK and utilize its testing mechanism for effecting admission to UG Program during the academic year 2018-2019. KUPECA has entrusted COMEDK with the responsibility of conducting the entrance examination and seat selection process.
For the academic year 2018 – 19, COMEDK will conduct Under Graduate Entrance Test 2018 (UGET 2018) for admission to undergraduate engineering courses on Sunday the 13/05/2018.
COMEDK UGET 2018 entrance exam will be an online computer based test and will be held at centers across the country to facilitate the students to take their exam closer to their homes and to minimize the cost of travel and other logistics.
The said test will be held keeping in view the triple test criteria of being fair, transparent and non- exploitative and to ensure merit based admissions through a single common entrance test followed by centralized counseling as envisaged by the Hon’ble Supreme Court in TMA Pai Foundation Vs. the State (2002) 8 SCC 481, Islamic Academy of Education Vs. the State reported in (2003) 6 SCC 697 and PA Inamdar Vs. the State of Maharashtra reported in (2005) 6 SCC 537.This Brochure provides a fair idea as to how and what the candidates have to follow as procedure for filling the application, eligibility criteria, test procedures, eligibility to participate in seat selection process, mandatory certificates / documents to be produced, securing the Test Admission Ticket, the malpractices and the measures required to be observed for avoiding the same, consequences of such malpractices, etc.
Applicants are required to read this brochure thoroughly, so as to familiarize themselves and adhere to the rules strictly. Further, COMEDK’s website www.comedk.org contains information and current updates/alerts. This site is updated regularly. COMEDK suggests all applicants to visit it frequently for relevant information.
Candidates from all over the country can appear for the UGET 2018 entrance examination. The eligibility criterion for various programs has been as published by COMEDK in its Notification dated 09.11.2017 on its website www.comedk.org which is reproduced as under:-
B) For UG Engineering Courses
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
Note: The candidates shall submit the original marks card of the examination during counseling for proving their eligibility vis-a-vis marks scored as evidenced by the original marks card
B)For UG Architecture Courses
- The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- The candidates should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students.
- There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course
- Candidates seeking admission to B. Arch course shall submit separate application form for counseling as per the notification on COMEDK website (will be made available before counseling)
Note: Notwithstanding the eligibility criteria mentioned as above, the changes, if any, effected by AICTE, VTU, COA or any other competent Regulatory Authorities shall be adopted mutatis mutandis.
- Rank Card will be generated only for those candidates who become eligible for admission to under
- Graduate Courses as per the regulations of AICTE / VTU.
Will be updated soon.
State City Andaman & Nicobar Port Blair Andhra Pradesh Chittoor Andhra Pradesh Guntur Andhra Pradesh Kakinada Andhra Pradesh Kurnool Andhra Pradesh Nellore Andhra Pradesh Rajahmundry Andhra Pradesh Srikakulam Andhra Pradesh Tirupathi Andhra Pradesh Vijayawada Andhra Pradesh Visakhapatnam Andhra Pradesh Vizianagaram Arunachal Pradesh Itanagar Assam Guwahati Assam Jorhat Bihar Arrah Bihar Aurangabad Bihar Bhagalpur Bihar Bihar Sharif Bihar Darbhanga Bihar Gaya Bihar Hajipur Bihar Muzaffarpur Bihar Patna Bihar Purnea Bihar Samastipur Bihar Siwan C.G Bhilai & Durg C.G Bilaspur C.G Raipur Chandigah Chandigarh Delhi-Ncr New Delhi Delhi-Ncr Faridabad Delhi-Ncr Ghaziabad Delhi-Ncr Greater Noida Delhi-Ncr Gurgaon Delhi-Ncr Meerut Goa Panaji Goa Verna Gujarat Ahmedabad Gujarat Gandhinagar Gujarat Rajkot Gujarat Vadodara Haryana Ambala Haryana Hisar Haryana Karnal Haryana Kurukshetra Himachal Pradesh Baddi Himachal Pradesh Solan Himachal Pradesh Shimla Jammu & Kashmir Jammu Jammu & Kashmir Srinagar Jharkhand Bokaro Steel City Jharkhand Dhanbad Jharkhand Hazaribagh Jharkhand Jamshedpur Jharkhand Ranchi Jharkhand Deoghar Karnataka Bagalkot Karnataka Belagavi(Belgaum) Karnataka Ballari(Bellary) Karnataka Bengaluru Karnataka Bidar Karnataka Vijayapura(Bijapur) Karnataka Chikballapur Karnataka Chikkamagaluru Karnataka Kodagu Karnataka Davanagere Karnataka Dharwad Karnataka Doddaballapura Karnataka Gadag Karnataka Kalaburagi(Gulbarga) Karnataka Hassan Karnataka Haveri Karnataka Hubballi(Hubli) Karnataka Kolar Karnataka Mandya Karnataka Mangaluru(Mangalore) Karnataka Mysuru(Mysore) Karnataka Raichur Karnataka Shivamogga(Shimoga) Karnataka Tumakuru(Tumkur) Karnataka Udupi Karnataka Uttara Kannada Kerala Alappuzha Kerala Kannur Kerala Kochi Kerala Kollam Kerala Kottayam Kerala Kozhikode Kerala Malappuram Kerala Palakkad Kerala Thiruvananthapuram Kerala Thrissur Kerala Idukki Kerala Pathanamthitta Kerala Kasaragod M.P Bhopal M.P Gwalior M.P Indore M.P Jabalpur Maharashtra Aurangabad Maharashtra Kolhapur Maharashtra Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai Maharashtra Nagpur Maharashtra Nashik Maharashtra Pune Manipur Imphal Meghalaya Ri-Bhoi Meghalaya Shillong Mizoram Aizawl Nagaland Kohima Odisha Bhubaneswar Odisha Raurkela Puducherry Puducherry Punjab Amritsar Punjab Jalandhar Punjab Mohali Punjab Patiala Rajasthan Bikaner Rajasthan Jaipur Rajasthan Jodhpur Rajasthan Kota Rajasthan Udaipur Sikkim Gangtok Tamilnadu Chennai Tamilnadu Coimbatore Tamilnadu Dindigul Tamilnadu Krishnagiri Tamilnadu Madurai Tamilnadu Nagercoil Tamilnadu Namakkal Tamilnadu Perambalur Tamilnadu Salem Tamilnadu Thanjavur Tamilnadu Tiruchirappalli Tamilnadu Thoothukodi Tamilnadu Tirunelveli Tamilnadu Vellore Telangana Hyderabad Telangana Karimnagar Telangana Warangal Telangana Khammam Tripura Agartala Uk Dehradun Up Allahabad Up Kanpur Up Lucknow Up Varanasi West Bengal Durgapur West Bengal Kolkata West Bengal Siliguri
Calender of Events
DATE DAY EVENT 16th Jan 2018 TUESDAY Start date for registration and issue of online Application for COMEDK UGET /Uni-GAUGE E 2018 5th Feb 2018 MONDAY Mock test made available online. 19th April 2018 THURSDAY Last date for online payments and Last date for Submission of completed application online 4th May 2018 FRIDAY Start date for download of Test Admission Ticket on the website 12th May 2018 SATURDAY Last date for downloading of Online Test Admission Ticket(TAT) 13 TH MAY 2018 SUNDAY COMEDK UGET & Uni-GAUGE E 2018 Engineering Entrance Exam 2018 17th May 2018 THURSDAY Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys and start date for online submission of objections/challenge of Provisional Answer keys 21st May 2018 MONDAY Last date for receiving challenges/objections pertaining to Provisional Answer Keys 25th May 2018 FRIDAY Publishing of Final Answer keys 28th May 2018 MONDAY Test Score cards made available online to the candidates
Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” (COMEDK).
# 132, Second Floor,11th Main, 17th Cross, Malleswaram,
Fax: 080 23568309
Monday to Friday:10:30 am to 5:00 pm,
Saturday :10:30 am to 1:00 pm on
Not operational on Sunday and other public holidays.
Assistance to candidates
For queries on Online Application form and exam related queries you may contact ERA Foundation Office.