About GAT – 2018
- Candidates should arrive at the examination centre one hour before the scheduled time. There will be an on-site orientation before the examination commences. If a candidate arrives after the on- site orientation begins, he/ she will not be allowed to take the examination. If candidates do not report on time, they are likely to miss some of the general instructions relating to the examination. The examination hall will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
- The candidate is expected to have basic familiarity with use of computer like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing for the examination and the Institution cannot take any responsibility in this matter.
- The questions are generated from a large question bank and all the candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of equal standard level, content, question type, etc. In this matter, the decision of the Institution is final and binding on the candidate.
- The candidate must ensure that the computer allotted to him/ her is switched on and any problem with the computer is to be intimated to the proctor immediately. All the questions will be in English medium only. All the questions will be of multiple choice.
- Each question carries 4 marks. Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted from the score for each wrong answer. The unanswered questions will receive nil marks.
- On completion of the examination, the computer will display the result in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers and the net score.
- No student will be allowed to repeat the examination in the same year.
- The method adopted for resolving ties shall be in the order of scores in mathematics / biology, physics, chemistry and age of the candidate.
- The ranks secured by the candidates will be announced within 10 days from the date of completion of GAT – 2018.
How to apply for GAT?
Candidates can apply in any one of the following methods:
- To Apply online Click Here
- Mode of Payment – Internet Banking facility through Net Banking / Debit card / Credit card. For Candidates applying through Net Banking/ Debit Card / Credit Card there is no need to send the hardcopy of the application form.
- Mode of Payment – Demand Draft-Applicants need to send the hardcopy of the application along with DD to The Director-Admissions.
- Applications can be obtained by post from director-admissions by sending a request on plain paper giving the candidate’s name with complete mailing address accompanied by demand draft for Rs.150/- drawn in favor of “GITAM (Deemed to be University)” payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank. Request for applications by post will be accepted up to 24th March, 2018.
- Applications are also available throughout India in selected branches of Union Bank of India, Indian Bank and Karur Vysya Bank. List of selected branches
- The filled in application along with demand draft for Rs. 1,000/- (Rs. 600/- for female candidates), drawn in favor of GITAM (Deemed to be University), payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank, should reach The Director-Admissions, GITAM Deemed to be University, Gandhi Nagar Campus, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam – 530 045, Andhra Pradesh, India on or before 26th March, 2018.
- To Apply online Click Here
Online Slot Booking & Hall Ticket Download
Online Slot Booking
Candidates must choose a examination centre, date and slot of their choice by using the GAT-2018 online booking system. Candidates will not be issued the e-hall ticket without booking a slot through online booking system. Candidate has to submit his/ her application number, gender and date of birth, while logging into the online booking system.
Candidates are required to book their slots using the online booking system as per the scheduled dates i.e., 05th to 08th April 2018. If the candidate has not booked his / her slot on or before 08th April 2018, the system will generate the same automatically. Please note that the online booking system will not allow the candidate to book his/ her slot after 8th April 2018.
The hall ticket contains the hall ticket number, program applied for, address of the examination centre, date & time of the examination i.e., selected by the candidate. If any discrepancies found, the candidate should bring it to the notice of the GITAM authorities.
Candidate should enter the application number, gender and date of birth details to download the hall ticket. Candidates should take two print outs of his/ her hall ticket. Please ensure that all details on the E-Hall Ticket including photograph is clearly visible on the print out.
The candidate is required to bring his/ her hall ticket to the examination centre. The hall ticket will not be dispatched to candidates through post or fax.
No candidate will be permitted to appear for the examination without a valid hall ticket.
The hall ticket is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
The hall ticket is an important document. It must be preserved and produced at the time of counselling for seeking admission.
Candidates shall report to the selected examination centre with two copies of the hall tickets and any one of the following for personel identification:
Passport/ Driving License/ EC Voter ID card/ IT PAN card / Aadhar Card or School/ College photo-bearing ID card.
Pass in intermediate or 12th examination from a recognized central / state board or its equivalent either in 2018 or 2017 and also rank obtained in GAT (UGTP) – 2018, subject to the following criteria:
- B.Tech. programs:
A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry and first class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- B.Tech. in Biotechnology:
A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics/ Biology, Physics & Chemistry and first class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination with Mathematics/ Biology, Physics & Chemistry subjects.
A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry subjects and also shall qualify in NATA / JEE (Main).
Details of admission examination GAT (UGTP) – 2018:The duration of the examination is 2 hours. The examination consists of three sections and all questions are objective type (multiple choice questions). Each question has four options out of which one is correct. Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted from the score for each wrong answer. The unanswered questions will receive nil marks.
Section Subject No. of questions No. of marks A Mathematics / Biology 40 160 B Physics 30 120 C Chemistry 30 120 Total 100 400
Syllabus for GAT (UGTP) 2018: Click here
- B.Tech. programs:
Online examination centres
GITAM will conduct online admission examination at the following 48 examination centres, depending upon the number of applications received against each examination centre.
S.No City S.No City S.No City S.No City 01. Ahmedabad 13. Guntur 25. Kochi 37. Patna 02. Anantapur 14. Guwahati 26. Kota 38. Pune 03. Bellary 15. Hyderabad (GITAM Campus) 27. Kurnool 39. Raipur 04. Bengaluru (GITAM Campus) 16. Hyderabad (Saifabad) 28. Lucknow 40. Rajahmundry 05. Bengaluru (City) 17. Hyderabad (Nagole) 29. Mangalore 41. Ranchi 06. Berhampur 18. Hubli 30. Mumbai 42. Tadepalligudem 07. Bhopal 19. Jamshedpur 31. Mysore 43. Tirupathi 08. Bhubaneswar 20. Kadapa 32. Nagpur 44. Trivendrum 09. Bilaspur 21. Kakinada 33. Nellore 45. Velivennu 10. Chennai 22. Karimnagar 34. New Delhi 46. Vijayawada 11. Chittoor 23. Khammam 35. Nizamabad 47. Visakhapatnam 12. Coimbatore 24. Kolkata 36. Ongole 48. Warangal
- The final list of centres will be announced to candidates through the website www.gitam.edu. GITAM reserves the right to cancel any examination centre and in such a case, candidates allotted to these centres will be accommodated in alternate examination centres.
- Candidates will be informed that depending on the administrative convenience, examinations may be conducted for a limited number of days in some of the centres. The final list of examination centres, venues and days of examination will be announced only after all the applications are received and candidates will be informed of the same through GITAM website to enable the candidates to choose their centre, date and time for the examination as per their convenience and availability of slots in any of the aforesaid centres. Candidates should indicate 3 different examination centres, in order of preference, in the application for consideration by GITAM.
- The candidate has to register his/ her name at the registration counter in the examination centre. The e-hall tickets of the candidates will be verified by the proctor to confirm each candidate’s identity. The candidate has to produce any one of the following for personal identification: Passport / Driving License / EC voter ID card / IT PAN card / School or College photo bearing ID card / Aadhar Card. Each candidate will be given a seat with a computer. Candidate must take the allotted seat at least 15 minutes before the examination commences.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except the e-hall ticket into the examination hall. Candidates are also not permitted to bring calculators, slide rules, clark tables and electronic watches with facilities of calculators, laptop or palmtop computers, personal stereo systems, walkie- talkie sets, mobile phones, paging devices or any other object/ device that is likely to be of unfair assistance.
- No candidate will be allowed to go outside the examination hall till the completion of the entire duration of the examination . Once a candidate leaves the examination hall, he/ she will not be permitted to re-enter in to the examination hall under any circumstances.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Tea, coffee, soft drinks / snacks are not allowed into the examination hall. There are no waiting facilities for family and friends at the examination centre.
- Candidates should maintain perfect silence. All actions of the candidate in the examination hall will be closely monitored using web cam and closed circuit cameras. Any conversation or gesticulation or disturbance in the examination hall shall be deemed as misbehaviour and if any candidate is found using unfair means or impersonation, his/ her candidature will be cancelled and they will be liable to be debarred from taking examination either permanently or for a specified period, as decided by the Institution. GITAM reserves the right to withhold the result of such candidates.
- Candidates must sign the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator. The candidate must obey the rules of the examination centres, otherwise he / she will be automatically debarred from the examination .
- In rare and unlikely event of a technical failure during the examination, the candidate may be required to take the examination again.
Merit list for admissions
- The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained in the GAT – 2018 subject to the rule of reservation as per UGC guidelines / norms as applicable to the GITAM. A candidate qualified in GAT – 2018 will be eligible for admission only if he/ she fulfils the requirement of minimum marks in the qualifying examination as per the eligibility criteria.
- 25% of seats are reserved for meritorious students from Karnataka State for admission at Bengaluru Campus.
Direct admission to board toppers
- First rank holders of the central and all state board examinations – 2018, equivalent to 10+2 will be given admission to the program of their choice, without appearing for the GAT examination subject to their fulfilling the prescribed eligibility criteria mentioned above. However they have to submit an application seeking admission to engineering and pharmacy programs.