About GAT – 2019
- Candidates should arrive at the examination centre one hour before the scheduled time. There will be an on-site orientation before the examination commences. If a candidate arrives after the on- site orientation begins, he/ she will not be allowed to take the examination. If candidates do not report on time, they are likely to miss some of the general instructions relating to the examination. The examination hall will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
- The candidate is expected to have basic familiarity with use of computer like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing for the examination and the Institution cannot take any responsibility in this matter.
- The questions are generated from a large question bank and all the candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of equal standard level, content, question type, etc. In this matter, the decision of the Institution is final and binding on the candidate.
- The candidate must ensure that the computer allotted to him/ her is switched on and any problem with the computer is to be intimated to the proctor immediately. All the questions will be in English medium only. All the questions will be of multiple choice.
- Each question carries 4 marks. Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted from the score for each wrong answer. The unanswered questions will receive nil marks.
- On completion of the examination, the computer will display the result in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers and the net score.
- No student will be allowed to repeat the examination in the same year.
- The method adopted for resolving ties shall be in the order of scores in mathematics / biology, physics, chemistry and age of the candidate.
- The ranks secured by the candidates will be announced within 10 days from the date of completion of GAT – 2019
Pass in intermediate or 12th examination from a recognized central / state board or its equivalent either in 2019 or 2018 and also rank obtained in GAT (UGTP) – 2019, subject to the following criteria:
A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry and first class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
B.Tech. in Biotechnology
A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics/ Biology, Physics & Chemistry and first class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination with Mathematics/ Biology, Physics & Chemistry subjects.
A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry subjects and also shall qualify in NATA / JEE (Main) paper – 2.
Details of Examination
GAT (UGTP) for B.Tech, B.Arch & B.Pharmacy
The duration of the test is 2 hours. The test consists of three sections and all questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each question has four options of which one is correct. Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted from the score for each wrong answer. The unanswered questions will receive nil marks.
Section Subject No. of questions No. of marks A Mathematics / Biology 40 160 B Physics 30 120 C Chemistry 30 120 Total 100 400
Online Slot Booking & Hall Ticket download
- Candidates must choose a date and slot of their choice by using the GAT-2019 online booking system. E-hall ticket will not be issued the candidates without booking a slot through online booking system. Candidate has to submit his/ her application number, gender and date of birth, while logging into the online booking system.
- Candidates are required to book their slots using the online booking system as per the scheduled dates i.e., 05th to 07th April, 2019. If the candidate has not booked his / her slot on or before 07th April, 2019, the system will generate the same automatically.
- Please note that the online booking system will not allow the candidate to book his/ her slot after 07th April,2019.
- The hall ticket contains the hall ticket number, program applied for, address of the examination centre, date & time of the examination i.e., selected by the candidate. If any discrepancies found, the candidate should bring it to the notice of the GITAM authorities.
- Candidate should enter the application number, gender and date of birth details to download the hall ticket. Candidates should take two print outs of his/ her hall ticket. Please ensure that all details on the E-Hall Ticket including photograph is clearly visible on the print out.
- The candidate is required to bring his/ her hall ticket to the examination centre. The hall ticket will not be dispatched to candidates through post or fax.
- No candidate will be permitted to appear for the examination without a valid hall ticket.
- The hall ticket is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
- The hall ticket is an important document. It must be preserved and produced at the time of counselling for seeking admission.
- Candidates shall report to the selected examination centre with two copies of the hall tickets and produce any authorised photo identity card.
Online examination centres
GITAM will conduct online admission examination at the following 50 examination centres, depending upon the number of applications received against each examination centre.
S.No City S.No City 01. Ahmedabad 26. Kota 02. Anantapur 27. Kurnool 03. Bellary 28. Lucknow 04. Bokaro 29. Mangalore 05. Bengaluru (City) 30. Mumbai 06. Bengaluru (GITAM) 31. Mysore 07. Berhampur 32. Nagpur 08. Bhopal 33. Nellore 09. Bhubaneswar 34. New Delhi 10. Bilaspur 35. Nizamabad 11. Chennai 36. Ongole 12. Chittoor 37. Patna 13. Coimbatore 38. Pune 14. Guntur 39. Raipur 15. Guwahati 40. Rajahmundry 16. Hyderabad (Nagole) 41. Ranchi 17. Hyderabad (GITAM) 42. Sambalpur 18. Hubli 43. Secunderabad 19. Jamshedpur 44. Tadepalligudem 20. Kadapa 45. Tirupathi 21. Kakinada 46. Trivendrum 22. Karimnagar 47. Velivennu 23. Kochi 48. Vijayawada 24. Khammam 49. Visakhapatnam 25 Kolkata 50. Warangal
- The details of the centres will be available to candidates in the website www.gitam.edu. GITAM reserves the right to cancel any test centre and in such a case, candidates allotted to these centres will be accommodated in an alternate test centre.The final list of centres will be announced to candidates through the website www.gitam.edu. GITAM reserves the right to cancel any examination centre and in such a case, candidates allotted to these centres will be accommodated in alternate examination centres.
- Depending on the administrative convenience, test may be conducted for a limited number of days in some of the centres. The final list of test centres, venues and days of test will be announced only after receiving all the applications and candidates will be informed of the same through GITAM website to enable the candidates to choose their centre, date and time for the test as per their convenience and availability of slots in any of the aforesaid centres. Candidates should indicate 2 different test centres, in the order of preference, in the application for consideration by GITAM.
- The candidate has to register his/her name at the registration counter in the test centre. The e-hall tickets of the candidates will be verified by the proctor to confirm each candidate’s identity. The candidate has to produce any authorised photo identity card. Each candidate will be allotted a seat with a computer. Candidate must take the allotted seat 15 minutes before the commencement of the test.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except the e-hall ticket into the test hall. Candidates are also not permitted to bring calculators, slide rules and any electronic gadgets that lead to malpractice or any other object that is likely to provide unfair assistance.
- No candidate will be allowed to go outside the test hall till the completion of the entire duration of allotted time for the test. Once a candidate leaves the test hall, he/she will not be permitted to re-enter the test hall under any circumstances.
- No waiting facilities will be provided for family and friends at the test centres. Tea, coffee, soft drinks / snacks are not allowed into the examination hall.
- Candidates should maintain perfect silence throughout the test. All actions of the candidate in the test hall will be under video surveillance. Any conversation or gesticulation or disturbance in the test hall shall be deemed as misbehavior and if any candidate is found using unfair means or impersonation, his/her candidature will be cancelled and they will be liable to be debarred from taking examination either permanently or for a specified period, as decided by the institution. GITAM reserves the right to withhold the result of such candidates.
- Candidates must sign in the attendance sheet in the presence of the proctor. The candidate must obey the rules of the test centres, otherwise he / she will be automatically debarred from the test.
- In rare and unlikely event of a technical failure during the test, the candidate may be required to take the test again.
Merit list for admission
Merit list for admissions
- The merit position of the candidates for admission will be based on the rank obtained in GAT – 2019 subject to the rule of reservation as per UGC guidelines / norms as applicable to GITAM. A candidate qualified in GAT – 2019 will be eligible for admission only if he / she fulfils the requirement of minimum marks in the qualifying examination as per the eligibility criteria.
- 25% of seats are reserved for meritorious students from Karnataka State for admission at Bengaluru Campus.
Last date for receipt of filled-in applications 30st March, 2019 Online slot booking 05th to 07th April, 2019 Download E-Hall tickets from 05th April, 2019 onwards Online tests dates 10th to 22th April, 2019 Announcement of GAT 2019 ranks 26th April, 2019