SRM University offers various programmes under the Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Faculty of Science and Humanities, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, and Faculty of Management in FOUR of its campuses viz., Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani and NCR (National Capital Region). Click here to view the programmes offered in the four campuses.
Degree Specilisation / Branch Campuses B.Arch. Architecture KTR, RMP B.Des Interior Design KTR B.Tech. Aerospace Engineering KTR B.Tech. Automobile Engineering KTR, NCR B.Tech. Biomedical Engineering KTR B.Tech. Biotechnology KTR B.Tech. Chemical Engineering KTR B.Tech. Civil Engineering KTR, RMP, NCR B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering KTR, RMP, VDP, NCR B.Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engineering KTR, RMP, NCR B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering KTR, RMP, VDP, NCR B.Tech. Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering KTR B.Tech. Genetic Engineering KTR B.Tech. Information Technology KTR, RMP, NCR B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering KTR, RMP, VDP, NCR B.Tech. Mechatronics Engineering KTR B.Tech. Nanotechnology KTR B.Tech. Software Engineering KTR
For majority of the programmes, admission is done through National level entrance examination conducted by SRM University or authorized /statutory boards or agencies. For few programmes, admission is done directly. In addition to the above, the eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in the qualifying examination as well.
The following table lists the accepted entrance examinations for various degree programmes:
Admission mandatorily through Entrance Examination Admission without Entrance Examination Full Time degree programmes Full Time degree programmes B.Tech programmes SRMJEEE (UG) B.Des B.Arch NATA B.Com, BBA, B.Sc (Math), B.Sc(Physics), B.Sc (Chemistry), BA(JMC), M.Tech SRMJEEE (PG) M.Com, M.Sc (Math), M.Sc(Physics), M.Sc (Chemistry), MA(JMC) MBBS NEET (UG) PharmD BDS NEET (UG) MD, DM, MCh, MS NEET (PG) B.Pharm, BPT, BOT, B.Sc (Nursing) SRMHSEE (UG) M.Pharm, MPT, MOT, M.Sc (Nursing), MPH SRMHSEE (UG) All Part-Time programmes in E&T, FSH, HS, Mgmt MBA SRMJMEE LLB SRMLEE
How to apply for SRMJEEE (UG) / SRMHSEE (UG)?
Visit www.srmuniv.ac.in and apply online. Physical applications (Hard Copy) are NOT permitted. It is not sold at any point of sales within or outside the campus.
The application cum entrance examination fee is Rs. 1060/- per slot.
Who can apply for SRMJEEE (UG) / SRMHSEE (UG)?
- Resident Indian, Non-Resident Indian (NRI), holder of PIO or OCI card issued by Government of India are eligible to apply for SRMJEEE (UG).
- NRIs, holders of PIO or OCI card issued by Government of India who have not taken the SRMJEEE (UG) must apply under International student category only.
- Qualifying examination:
Faculty of Engineering and Technology:
All B.Tech programmes :
For Kattankulathur, Ramapuram and Vadapalani campuses : Minimum 60 % aggregate in PCM
For NCR, Delhi campus : Minimum 55 % aggregate in PCM
- Passed in Higher secondary examination (10+2 pattern ) or appearing in Higher Secondary examination in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as major subjects in regular stream from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE, Matriculation, or NIOS
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with Diploma, or A-level with Mathematics, Physics and chemistry as major subjects in any International schools within India
B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Biomedical Engineering and B.Tech Genetic Engineering:
For Kattankulathur, Ramapuram and Vadapalani campuses : Minimum 60 % aggregate in PCM / PCB
For NCR, Delhi campus : Minimum 55 % aggregate in PCM / PCB
- Passed in Higher secondary examination (10+2 pattern ) or appearing in Higher Secondary examination in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology or Biotechnology as major subjects in regular stream from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE, Matriculation, or NIOS
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with Diploma, or A-level with Physics, chemistry, Mathematics or Biology as major subjects in any International schools within India
Note: Only those Candidates who have passed the above qualifying examination in not more than 2 attempts including appearance for improvement will be considered for admission
About SRM Joint Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE (UG))
Mode of examination Online Duration of the examination 2:30 hours Coverage of subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics /Biology Number of questions Physics – 35
Chemistry – 35
Mathematics – 35 / Biology – 50
Type of questions` Multiple Choice Questions Scoring method Each right answer in PCM carries 3 marks; Biology carries 2.1 mark; No negative marking Syllabus Refer to <provide the link here> Test Dates 1st April to 30th April; 1st May to 30th June only for filling lapsed / cancelled seats Test sessions / slots Individual candidates have to book their convenient test slots, subject to availability of slots for a particular center / date. Retaking the examination Maximum of 2 retakes permitted
- Candidates will be invited for counseling session based on the score obtained in SRMJEEE (UG)
- One or more counseling sessions will be held depending on the vacancy position.
- Candidates can choose their preferred specialization / branch of study in a particular campus based on (a) the cut-off score for the specified specialization / branch (b) fulfilling the programme-specific eligibility criteria for a particular campus and (c) subject to the availability of seats at that point of time.
- If a candidate falls short of the cut-off score for a preferred specialization / branch for a particular campus, the candidate can choose to retake the SRMJEEE (UG) to improve the individual score, subject to a maximum of TWO retakes. In that case the best score out of the three scores (first attempt + 2 retakes) will be considered while choosing/allocating the preferred specialization / branch, subject to the conditions laid out in (3) above.
- A one-time programme sliding within the campus is permitted subject to availability of seats and eligibility based on cut-off score. The sliding will be considered, at appropriate time as decided by the university, ONLY for those candidates who have submitted the option to be considered for sliding.
- Upon selection of specialization / branch full tuition fees and other applicable fees have to be paid at the time of counseling
- Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL) will be issued to confirm the candidate’s admission.
Tentative dates for counseling
Counseling – I (On-campus) : 5th May to 9th May 2017
Counseling – II (online) : 11th May 2017 onwards (only for those programmes where vacancy exists)