The entrance examination for degree level engineering institutions and other professional colleges has been assigned to Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow vide Govt. order no. 4929/solah-1-2016-14(54)/2012 dated 21-12-2016. The Govt. of Uttar Pradesh, Technical Education Department, has consented for the constitution of Central Admission Board (CAB) under the Chairmanship of the Vice Chancellor, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow to supervise and control the State Entrance Examination herein after referred as UPSEE-2017 being conducted by Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow. The CAB has absolute rights for conducting of UPSEE-2017, and to decide about modalities of admissions and allotment of seats. The jurisdiction of CAB extends to colleges / institutes affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow. The CAB is authorised to take every decision regarding conduct and admissions through UPSEE-2017.
Information Brochure - English and Hindi
How to apply for UPSEE 2017?
For Admission to First Year of B. Tech. / B.Tech. (Biotechnology)/ B.Tech. (Agriculture Engg.) / B.Arch. / B.Pharm./ BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MBA/MCA and 2nd Year (Lateral Entry) of B. Tech/B.Pharm./MCA
1. Application to the UPSEE-2017 can be made On-Line only. Candidates are required to fill the Application Form On-Line through the website http://www.upsee.nic.in.
2. On-Line application form through the website http://www.upsee.nic.in can be submitted from 18th January 2017 (11:00 AM) to 28th February 2017 (05:00PM)
3. Candidates are advised to read this Information Brochure carefully, check their eligibility and applicable reservation category etc. before filling and submitting the application form.
4. This Entrance Examination is open to the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from any institution located in U.P. or whose parents are domicile of U.P subject to the eligibility conditions given in this Information Brochure. If the candidate has passed qualifying examination from outside U.P., he/she has to produce domicile certificate of his/her parents (Father OR Mother only) at the time of verification of the document.
5. This Entrance Examination is also open to the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from any institution located outside U.P. and whose parents (both Father and Mother) are not domicile of U.P subject to the eligibility conditions given in the Information Brochure.
Read Information Brochure for complete details
Eligibility to appear for UPSEE 2017
ELIGIBILITY TO APPEAR IN UPSEE-2017 FOR ADMISSION TO FIRST YEAR OF B.TECH. / B.ARCH. / B.PHARM. / BHMCT / BFAD BFA
The subject combination required in the qualifying examination (intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent) for admission to first year of different courses shall be as
1. B.Tech – Physics and Mathematics with Chemistry/Bio Technology/ Technical Vocational Subject as optional
2. B.Tech (Bio Technology) – Physics and Mathematics or Biology with Chemistry/Bio Technology/ Technical Vocational Subject as optional
3. B.Arch – Physics and Mathematics with Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biology/ Engineering Drawing/ Technical Vocational subject as optional
4. B. Pharm – Physics and Chemistry with Mathematics/ Bio Technology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject
5. B. Tech (Agriculture Engg.) – Agriculture discipline
6. BHMCT/BFAD/BFA – Any discipline
For admission to first year of B.Tech./ B.Pharm., candidate must have clearly passed intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University without grace in required each compulsory subjects and one optional subject as given in clause 3.1 (i) and securing minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST Category candidates) in aggregate in required three subjects.
For admission to first year of BHMCT/BFAD/BFA, candidate must have clearly passed intermediate examination of U. P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University and securing minimum 45% marks without grace (40% marks for SC/ST category candidates) in aggregate.
For admission to first year of B. Arch., a candidate must have clearly passed intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10 + 2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University and securing (i) minimum 50% marks in aggregate and (ii) clearly passed without grace, each compulsory and optional subjects.
A candidate possessing three years Diploma in Architecture (10+3) recognized by Central / State Govt., is also eligible for admission to first year of B. Arch. only, and provided the candidate has passed the Diploma examination securing minimum 50% marks in aggregate without grace. Such candidates will have to appear in the entrance examination for first year of B. Arch.
For admission to first year of B.Tech.(Agriculture), candidate must have clearly passed intermediate examination of U. P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University in agricultural subjects and secured minimum 45% marks without grace (40% marks for SC/ST category candidates) in aggregate. Also all First year B.Tech. Eligible candidates are also eligible for B.Tech. Agriculture.
All candidates who are eligible for admission in B.Tech. Courses are also eligible for B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering) and B.Tech. (Biotechnology).
Eligibility details for other courses and NRI is as follows and complete information is found in following clauses of Information brochure
- Eligibility to appear in UPSEE 2017 for admission to First year of MBA/MCA – Clause 3.2
- Eligibility to appear in UPSEE 2017 for admission to Second year (Lateral Entry) of B.TECH / B.PHARM/ MCA – Clause 3.3
- Eligibility for admission to NRI quota in First year – Clause 3.4
- Eligibility for admission to Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian origin (PIO)/ Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries (CIWGC) in first year – Clause 3.5
- Eligibility for direct admission to first year in private institutions at institute level under management quota (For NRI candidates) vacant seats after counselling of UPSEE 2017 – Clause 3.6
Examination Details - UPSEE 2017
Mode of examination Online Duration of the examination 1.00 hours to 3.00 hours (With respect to papers) No of papers 11 Date of Examination Paper 1 to 4 – 16th April 2017 (Sunday)
Paper 5 to 8 – 22nd April 2017 (Saturday)
paper 9 to 11 – 23rd April 2017 (Sunday)
Type of questions` Multiple Choice Questions Scoring method Each right answer carries 4 marks; No negative marking Syllabus The Syllabus for each question paper for the UPSEE-2017 is given at Appendix–A (From Page 30 – Information Brochure) Declaration of Result The results of UPSEE-2017 alongwith answer keys will be declared on or before 30th May, 2017. City of Examination The UPSEE-2017 will be held at various cities as given in the following tables. The candidates are advised to give three choices of examination cities.
(i) Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4 are OMR based Tests and shall be held in various cities given in the Examination City Table-I in Information Brochure
(ii) Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10, and Paper 11 are Computer based Tests and shall be held in various cities given in the Examination City Table-II in
Paper Evaluation All question papers (except part B of paper-4) will carry objective multiple-choice questions. Answers of Paper 1, 2, 3, 4 will be evaluated by OMR methodology. All question papers for undergraduate admissions (except paper-4) will be in Hindi and English both.
The candidates appearing in the UPSEE-2017 have the option to answer part B of Paper-4 either in English or in Hindi. In all cases, the Standard English numerals must be used.
January 18,2017 11.00 AM Opening of the link for Filling and Submission of On-Line Application Form through the website http://www.upsee.nic.in February 28,2017 5.00 PM Last Date for Filling and submitting the On-Line Application Form From March 27,2017 11.00 AM to March 29,2017 5.00 PM On-Line Partial Correction of filled and submitted On Line Application form through the website http://www.upsee.nic.in From April 07,2017,11.00 AM till date of examination Opening of Link for Downloading of the Admit Card from the website http://www.upsee.nic.in April 16,2017
April 22,2017 and
Dates of Examination (as applicable) Examination Fee For Male / Transgender Candidates – Rs. 1200/-
For SC/ST and Female Candidates – Rs. 600/-
Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh
IET Campus, Sitapur Road, Lucknow – 226 021 (U.P)
Phone: 0522 – 2732193, Fax: 0522 – 2732185
Website : https://aktu.ac.in/
UPSEE-2017 HELP DESK
Toll free Number : 1800-180-0161 (10:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
E-Mail : email@example.com
For complete details : http://upsee.nic.in/publicinfo/Public/View.aspx?page=71