The entrance examination for degree level engineering institutions and other professional colleges has been assigned to Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow vide Govt. order no. 4299/सोलह-1-2017-14(54)/2012 dated 06-12-2017. The Govt. of Uttar Pradesh, Technical Education Department, has consented for the constitution of Central Admission Board (CAB) under the Chairmanship of the Vice Chancellor, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow to supervise and control the State Entrance Examination herein after referred as UPSEE-2018 being conducted by Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow vide Govt. order no. 05/सोलह-1-2017-14(54)/2012 dated 16-01-2018. The CAB has absolute rights for conducting of UPSEE-2018, and to decide about modalities of admissions and allotment of seats. The jurisdiction of CAB extends to colleges / institutes affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow. The CAB is authorized to take every decision regarding conduct and admissions through UPSEE-2018.
Information Brochure - English and Hindi
How to apply for UPSEE 2018?
1. Application to the UPSEE-2018 can be made On-Line only. Candidates are required to fill the Application Form On-Line through the website http://www.upsee.nic.in.
2. On-Line application form through the website http://www.upsee.nic.in can be submitted from 23rd January 2018 (11:00 AM) to 15th March 2018 (05:00PM)
3. Candidates are advised to read this Information Brochure carefully, check their eligibility and applicable reservation category etc. before filling and submitting the application form.
4. This Entrance Examination is open to the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from any institution located in U.P. or whose parents are domicile of U.P subject to the eligibility conditions given in this Information Brochure. If the candidate has passed qualifying examination from outside U.P., he/she has to produce domicile certificate of his/her parents (Father OR Mother only) at the time of verification of the document.
5. This Entrance Examination is also open to the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from any institution located outside U.P. and whose parents (both Father and Mother) are not domicile of U.P subject to the eligibility conditions given in this Information Brochure.
6. Please note that candidates do not need to send “Confirmation Page” printed after completion and submission of On-Line application form to the University. However, the Candidate should keep the printout of the Confirmation page for record. Candidates are also advised to note down the Application Form Number for any future correspondences.
7. The On-Line application to UPSEE-2018 can be filled and submitted as per clause 18, clause 19, clause 20 and clause 21 of the Information Brochure.
8. Candidates do not need to send hard copy / photo copy of any document, whatsoever, to the University at this stage.
9. **UP State Govt. has permitted 10% of the total sanctioned seats available for admission in first year in Technology / Architecture courses in private institutions affiliated to AKTU to be filled through merit of Non U.P. Domicile candidates without reservation subject to eligibility conditions given in this Information Brochure. Thus, 10% of the total sanctioned seats for admission in first year in Technology / Architecture courses in Private Institutions, affiliated to AKTU, shall be opened to the candidates whose parent belongs to the State other than Uttar Pradesh and has passed qualifying examination from an Institution located outside U.P. These seats shall be filled on the basis of UPSEE-2018 Merit.
10. There is no age limit for admission to the courses covered in UPSEE-2018.
11. Accepting admission in any institution implies acceptance by the candidate and his/her parents or guardians with all the provisions given in this Information Brochure. Any change in the rules, regulations, fee and special conditions etc. of that institution shall mutatis mutandis apply to the admitted candidate.
12. Candidates filling the On-Line Application Form are required to upload scanned images of his/her latest color photograph and signature. Application forms having blurred photographs are liable to be rejected.
13. Candidates claiming advantage of reserved categories, subcategories, rural weightage etc. must be required to indicate in the Application Form and are not required to send any certificate to the University at this stage. These certificates, in original, will have to be produced at the time of Documents Verification alongwith one self attested copy of each one of them. The proforma of the certificates are given at the end of this Information Brochure at Appendix-D, which are subject to change even upto the date of admission, as per the orders of Govt. of Uttar Pradesh. Note that the certificate no. 2 for OBC candidates will be entertained only if it is issued on or after 01.04.2018 (mandatory due to condition of creamy layer for OBC).
14. Candidates who are due to appear for the qualifying examination or have appeared, but results are awaited, are also eligible to appear in the UPSEE-2018. However, the candidates in respect of whom, the result of the qualifying examination has not been declared till the date of the document verification, due to any reason whatsoever, shall not be eligible for admission under any circumstances.
15. The result of UPSEE-2018 declared by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow shall be final. However, the candidate can get his/her answer sheets scrutinized on payment of Rs. 5000/- per paper within seven days of declaration of result. The application for scrutiny may be submitted to the Registrar, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow (U.P.) 226031 in writing. ** It is as per State Govt. order and may change as per latest instructions of Govt. of U.P. upto the date of counselling. 3
16. If any document/declaration submitted by the candidate is found to be false at any stage, his/her admission shall be cancelled and he/she may be liable for prosecution under the law. In case of any legal dispute, the jurisdiction will be limited to Lucknow courts only.
17. The candidate must himself/ herself ensure about his/her eligibility to appear in the Entrance Examination. If a candidate, who is not eligible to appear in the examination, does so; he/ she will not have any claim whatsoever, for admission to any course through UPSEE-2018.
18. The Entrance Examination Fee for UPSEE-2018 is Rs. 1300.00 for Male/Transgender candidates of General & OBC category and Rs. 650.00 for Female / Physically Handicapped candidates of all categories / SC/ST candidates.
19. The number of Colleges / Institutions, courses and seats may increase or decrease upto the counselling dates.
20. If any of the qualifying examination Board/University awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of mark on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board/ University specifying equivalent marks and submit it at the time of document verification. In case, such a certificate is not provided by the candidate, the decision of the Central Admission Board (CAB) regarding his / her eligibility shall be final.
21. The allotment of seat through counselling will be carried out strictly in accordance with the UPSEE-2018 merit of the candidate, subject to the order of preference given for the seats and availability of seat in the category. Once the seat is allotted to the candidate, no change in the Institution / Branch is admissible.
22. The fee paid at the time of counselling by the candidate, after the allotment of seat will be forfeited and will not be refunded under any circumstances, even if the candidate does not report for the admission to the allotted institutions.
23. No tuition fee shall be charged from eligible SC/ST candidates by the institutions affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow at the time of granting admission as per U.P. Govt. order no. 37 Bha.Saa./26-03-04-4(77)/02 dated:18-06-04. A relaxation in the tuition fee amount equal to tuition fee of Government Institutions has been granted to OBC / General Category economically weaker students by the Govt. vide order no. 4136/solah-1-2008-135/2008 dated: 8-10-08 and 2991/solah-1-2008-14(34)/2008 dated: 16-09-08. The candidate will have to produce the required prescribed certificate / documents in the institution as enforced vide G.O. no. 6048/solah-1-2008-1(17)/2008 dated 06-01-08. Govt. orders released time to time shall be applicable. The institutions will charge tuition fee after granting this relaxation to the eligible candidates as per the current fee structure determined by the fee determination committee available at website www.afrcup.in.
24. This Information Brochure is in both English and Hindi languages. In case of any discrepancy, the English version shall be final for all purposes.
25. All information in connection with UPSEE-2018 shall be made through University Website http://www.upsee.nic.in or https://aktu.ac.in. The candidates are advised to refer to this website regularly/frequently failing which AKTU will not be responsible for any loss due to the lack of communication.
26. In case of any deficiency in application form, it is likely to be rejected and sole responsibility of its consequences will lie on the candidate and representation in this regard shall not be entertained.
27. Abbreviations used: AKTU – Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh,Lucknow AIU – Association of Indian Universities UPSEE-2018 – Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination – 2018 B. Tech. – Bachelor of Technology B. Pharm. – Bachelor of Pharmacy B. Arch. – Bachelor of Architecture B. Des – Bachelor of Design* BHMCT – Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology BFAD – Bachelor of Fashion & Apparel Design BFA – Bachelor of Fine Arts MBA – Master of Business Administration MCA – Master of Computer Application SAT II – Scholastic Assessment Test II * This Programme is currently offered by UP Institute of Design located in Noida Campus of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh Note: UPSEE-2018 is being conducted for admission to all the Technical Institutions / Colleges affiliated to the AKTU, Lucknow. Admissions in some of the courses in the other Universities of U.P. are also done through UPSEE-2018
Eligibility to appear for UPSEE 2018
ELIGIBILITY TO APPEAR IN UPSEE-2018 FOR ADMISSION TO FIRST YEAR OF B.Tech. /B.Des./ B.Arch. / B. Pharm. / BHMCT / BFAD / BFA /MBA (Integrated) /MCA (Integrated)
(i) The subject combination required in the qualifying examination (intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent) for admission to first year of different courses shall be as follows:
Course Compulsory Subjects Anyone of the following Subjects B. Tech/ B.Des/
Physics & Mathematics Chemistry/ Bio-Technology /
Biology / Technical Vocational subject
B. Arch Physics & Mathematics Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biology/
Engineering Drawing / Technical
B. Pharm. Physics & Chemistry Mathematics/ Bio-Technology/
Biology / Technical Vocational Subject
B. Tech. (Agriculture Engg.) Agriculture discipline.* BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/
* Please read point No. (vi).
(ii) For admission to first year of B.Tech./B.Pharm./B.Des./MCA(Integrated), candidate must have clearly passed intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University without grace in required each compulsory subjects and one optional subject as given in clause (i) and securing minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST Category candidates) in aggregate in required three subjects.
(iii) For admission to first year of BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MBA(Integrated), candidate must have clearly passed intermediate examination of U. P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University and securing minimum 45% marks without grace (40% marks for SC/ST category candidates) in aggregate.
(iv) For admission to first year of B. Arch., a candidate must have clearly passed intermediate examination of U. P. Board or 10 + 2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University and securing (i) minimum 50% marks in aggregate and (ii) clearly passed without grace, each compulsory and optional subjects as given in clause (i).
Entrance Exam Cities
Opening of the link for Filling and Submission of On-Line Application
Form form through the website http://www.upsee.nic.in
January 23, 2018 (11.00 AM) Last Date for Filling and submitting the On-Line Application Form March 15, 2018 (5.00 PM) On-Line Partial Correction of filled and submitted On Line Application form through the website http://www.upsee.nic.in Upto April 05, 2018 (5:00Pm) Opening of Link for Downloading of the Admit Card from the website http://www.upsee.nic.in From April 20, 2018,11.00 AM till date
Dates of Examination (as applicable) April 29, 2018
May 05, 2018 and
May 06, 2018 for Various Courses
Declaration of UPSEE-2018 Result In the First week of June 2018 Note:
· The Application Form can be filled On-Line only through the website http://www.upsee.nic.in
· The Confirmation page printed after submission of On-Line Application Form need to be preserved by the candidates.
Print-out/ hard copy/ photocopy of Confirmation page or any other document need not be sent to the University.
· The Admit Card shall be available to the candidates only through the website http://www.upsee.nic.in
Toll free Number : 1800-180-0161
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University,
Uttar Pradesh Sec-11,
Lucknow – 226 031 (U.P) India
Phone: 0522 – 2771079
Fax: 0522 – 2732185