The following B.Tech. programmes and B.Pharmacy course are offered by Vignan’s University for the year 2018 – 2019:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering*
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engg. (CSE)
- Electronics & Communications Engg. (ECE)
- Electrical & Electronics Engg. (EEE)
- Food Technology*
- Information Technology (IT)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Textile & Fashion Technology
- B. Pharmacy*
* BiPC Candidates are also aligible for admission
Eligibility criteria for admission:
● Candidates born on or after 1st July, 1998 and a pass in Intermediate or its equivalent with minimum B2 grade / CGPA of 7.0 in Andhra Pradesh or above 60% aggregate marks in Telangana State are eligible to appear for the admission test. ● Admission to B.Tech. / B.Pharm programmes will be through Vignan’s Scholastic Aptitude Test, V-SAT an on-line test, conducted by Vignan’s Deemed to be University on all India basis.
● Candidates qualified in AP or TS EAMCET / JEE(Mains) / JEE(Advanced) with a minimum of B2 grade / CGPA of 7.0 in Andhra Pradesh or above 60% aggregate marks in Telangana State in the +2 / Intermediate examination.
Streams for V-SAT 2019 :
● Candidates who attempt Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English/Aptitude in the V-SAT 2019 are eligible for all the B.Tech. and B.Pharmacy programmes.
● Candidates who attempt Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English/Aptitude in the V-SAT 2019 are eligible for B.Tech. Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Food Technology and B.Pharmacy Programmes. Note : Candidates appearing for qualifying examination and awaiting results can also apply.
The admission will be on the basis of the performance in the V-SAT /EAMCET/JEE-2019.
● The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the RANK obtained in V-SAT /EAMCET/JEE-2019, provided if he/she gets minimum B2 grade / CGPA of 7.0 in Andhra Pradesh or above 60% aggregate marks in Telangana State in the +2 / Intermediate examination as per the eligibility criteria. Admissions will be purely on merit and by following the reservation policy applicable to Vignan’s University.
● A common merit list will be prepared based on the performance in the entrance test and they will be called for the counseling to be held at the Vignan’s University premises at Vadlamudi, Guntur District, A.P. through common ranking.
● It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. Having been appeared for the competitive examination or called for counseling does not necessarily mean acceptance of the eligibility for admission.
● The admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as marks statements, rank card, transfer certificate, conduct certificate etc.) to the Dean-Admissions before the date stipulated in the admission offer.
● Admissions to various programmes will, however, be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates/documents of the candidates. In case any discrepancy is noticed even at a later point of time after admission, the management reserves the right to cancel the admission and such a decision shall be final and binding on the candidate.
Important Dates to Remember
1 Issue of Application forms 10 Sept 2018 onwards 2 Last date for receipt of filled in applications 05 April 2019 3 On-line Test Dates 15 – 25 April 2019 4 Test Time Slot 1. 08.00 am to 10.30 am
Slot 2. 11.00 am to 01.30 pm
Slot 3. 02.30 pm to 05.00 pm
5 Announcement of V-SAT 2019 result 01 May 2019 6 Counseling of merit listed candidates for admission 10 – 20 May 2019
Venue: Vignan’s Deemed to be University, Vadlamudi,
Guntur – 522 213 (A.P.), Ph : +91 8632344777 / 78
Toll Free : 1800-425-2529
Note : The changes in the above schedule, if any, due to unavoidable circumstances will be informed to the candidates. As at date of printing every attempt has been made to present accurate information, the University reserves the right to change without any notice about courses offered, intake capacity and other terms & conditions at the time of admission.
● The question paper will be in English and consists of 4 sections (Maths or Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English/Aptitude)
● The questions are of multiple choice and objective type. Each question has 4 options. Choose the right option.
● Each correct answer carries one mark.
● There is no negative marking.
S.No Details 1 Section I: Mathematics or Biology consists of 30 questions (30 marks) 2 Section II: Physics consists of 30 questions (30 marks) 3 Section III: Chemistry consists of 30 questions (30 marks) 4 Section IV: English / Aptitude consists of 30 questions (30 marks) Total 120 questions (120 marks)
For model question paper logon to www.vignan.ac.in
V-SAT 2019 Rules
● Candidates should report to the respective centre 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the test. Live demonstration of on-line test will be arranged for the candidates before the commencement of test.
● Candidates must bring their hall ticket with them.
Note : Use of calculators, log tables and slide ruler, watches with facilities of calculator, and cellular phones are strictly prohibited for the test. Candidates should not bring any material with them except the Hall Ticket, Pen, H.B. Pencil and Eraser.
● The test centre Co-ordinator is authorized to dismiss a candidate from the test for any of the following reasons:
1. Creating disturbance.
2. Attempting to take the test on behalf of someone else.
3. Talking to other test taker(s).
4. Use of calculators, slide rules, cell phones, concealed microphones, wireless devices or any other material that may aid in answering questions.
Timings & Breaks
● The test is of 150 minutes (2 1 / 2 hours) duration.
● No break is permitted during the test.
How to apply for V-SAT?
Issue: Application forms will be issued from 10th Sept, 2018 onwards. There are four modes of registration as under (for details visit our website www.vignan.ac.in). Applications or whereever the forms are available.
Candidates can obtain applications by post from the University Office on payment of Rs. 1200/- through DD drawn in favour of Vignan University, payable at Guntur or in person from any of Vignan Schools or Colleges at Guntur, Hyderabad, Eluru, Rajahmundry, Visakhapatnam, Ongole and Vignan offices at Vijayawada, Guntur & Hyderabad.
ii. Indian Bank
Branches Applications can also be obtained from Indian Bank branches throughout the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. (For details refer to the last page of this booklet).
Application form can be downloaded from the University website : www.vignan.ac.in. The duly filled application along with the DD for Rs. 1200/- drawn in favour of Vignan University, payable at Guntur should be sent to Dean-Admissions : Vignan’s Deemed to be University, Vadlamudi, Guntur – 522 213 (A.P), so as to reach before the last date specified. Candidates should write their name and address on the reverse of DD.
Candidates can also apply online from the University website : www.vignan.ac.in / address through net banking / credit card / debit card and there is no need to send the copy of the application form by the applicant.
Receipt of application forms
● Last date for receipt of filled-in application at the University office is 5th April 2019.
● Applications received after the due date will not be entertained.
● Candidates are advised to retain a photo copy of the filled in application for future reference.
● The University will not be responsible for any postal delay, loss in postal transit or any irregularity beyond the control of the University.
Test City Centre With code numbers
Test Centre Code Test Centre Code Test Centre Code Test Centre Code Anatapur 11 Hyd / Dilsukhnagar Zone 20 Kollam 29 Rajahmundry 38 Asansol 12 Hyd / Kukatpally Zone 21 Kozhikode 30 Ranchi 39 Bengaluru 13 Jabalpur 22 Kurnool 31 Tanuku 40 Bhopal 14 Jamshedpur 23 Machilipatnam 32 Tirupathi 41 Bhubaneshwar 15 Kakinada 24 Nellore 33 Varanasi 42 Chennai 16 Kadapa 25 Nizamabad 34 Vignan’s University 43 Eluru 17 Karimnagar 26 Ongole 35 Vijayawada 44 Ernakulam 18 Khammam 27 Patna 36 Visakhapatnam 45 Guntur 19 Kolkata 28 Raipur 37 Warangal 46
● The hall ticket will be issued only to those eligible candidates who have submitted their application forms complete in all respects, on or before the last date as specified.
● The hall ticket will contain name, photograph, signature, address of the test centre allotted and test date & time.
● Hall tickets will be dispatched through courier/speed post.
● The hall ticket can be downloaded from the website www.vignan.ac.in one week prior to the test date by entering the application number or date of birth of applicant.
● The hall ticket once received should be carefully examined by the candidate. If any discrepancy is noticed, it should immediately be brought to the notice of the Dean-Admissions, Vignan’s University. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ph:+91863-2344777 / 78 Toll free No. 1800-425-2529.
● No candidate will be permitted to take the test without a valid hall ticket. The hall ticket should be produced to the invigilators for verification.
● Candidate must not tamper with the hall ticket or alter any entry made therein after it has been authenticated.
● The hall ticket is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
● The hall ticket is an important document. It should be preserved and produced at the time of counseling and admission.
Hall Ticket not received due to application being incomplete
Vignan’s University does not take any responsibility to inform candidates who have sent an incomplete application. Candidates are advised to check twice before submission that the application form is complete in all respects before posting.
Duplicate hall ticket
In case a candidate fails to get a hall ticket 7 days before the scheduled date for V-SAT 2019, he / she should report the same immediately to the Dean-Admissions and if he/she does not receive the hall ticket before the examination date, he/she would have to meet the University Representative one day before the examination at the test centre with a xerox copy of the application form, DD and two attested passport size photographs, identical to the one affixed on the application form. Enquiries pertaining to the hall ticket without mentioning application number will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Counseling procedure for allocation of seats / branch
● The date / time of counseling will be intimated to the candidates either by post or through SMS or E-Mail and will also be displayed in the University website : www.vignan.ac.in/admissions.
● Change of date / time of counseling is generally not permissible. If a candidate fails to appear personally for counseling on the date and time specified, he/she will forfeit his candidature for the allotment of seat on that day. However, he / she is eligible to appear for subsequent counseling depending on the availability of seats.
● The candidates should produce the original documents listed below along with one set of photocopies while reporting for counseling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the counseling process without these documents.
Required original documents during counseling
● Counseling call letter.
● V-SAT / JEE / EAMCET hall ticket.
● V-SAT / JEE / EAMCET rank card.
● 10th class marks memo as a proof of date of birth.
● Marks sheet of qualifying examination.
● Caste certificate (if applicable)
● Aadhar Card.
● Candidates will be allowed to participate in the counseling process only after verification of the documents. Authentic records pertaining to identification, age, marks sheet of qualifying examination, and other eligibility criteria, will be checked. If a candidate fails to produce any of these documents, he/she will not be considered for counseling.
● The candidate will be offered a seat based on his / her rank in the merit list and availability of seats.
● After allotment of a seat in a branch and acceptance of the same by the candidate he / she will remit the prescribed tuition fee and admission fee either by Challan in the bank or DD drawn in favour of VFSTR-GF payable at Guntur.
● After payment of prescribed fee ,seat allotment order will be issued to the candidate confirming his\ her admission
Submission of documents on admission
The following original documents are required to be submitted at the time of admission.
● V-SAT / JEE / EAMCET hall ticket.
● V-SAT / JEE / EAMCET rank card.
● Provisional letter of admission offer.
● Qualifying examination marks sheet.
● 10th Class marks memo.
● Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate.
● Caste Certificate (if applicable).
● Conduct Certificate.
● Aadhar Card.
All the above referred documents in original shall be handed over in the Office of Admissions on or before the date prescribed by the University, failing which provisional admission accorded will stand cancelled.
Discontinuance / Withdrawal from the programme
1. Admission fee of Rs. 10,000/- is non-refundable, once student is provisionally admitted.
2. Tuition fee paid will be refunded, if the student cancel his/her admission before the commencement of class work.
3. Prior to closing of admissions and after commencement of class work, tuition fee is refundable with proportionate deduction of monthly fee.
4. Once admissions are closed, the entire fee collected shall be forefeited.