The following B.Tech. programmes and B.Pharmacy course are offered by Vignan’s University for the year 2018 – 2019:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering*
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engg. (CSE)
- Electronics & Communications Engg. (ECE)
- Electrical & Electronics Engg. (EEE)
- Food Technology*
- Information Technology (IT)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Textile & Fashion Technology
- B. Pharmacy*
* BiPC Candidates are also aligible for admission
How to apply for V-SAT?
Application forms will be issued from 10thNov 2017 onwards.
There are four modes of registration as under (for details visit our website www.vignanuniversity.org). Applications or whereever the forms are available.
- Direct Candidates can obtain applications by post from the University Office on payment of Rs. 1200/- through DD drawn in favour of Vignan University, payable at Guntur or in person from any of Vignan Schools or Colleges at Guntur, Hyderabad, Eluru, Rajahmundry, Visakhapatnam, Ongole and Vignan offices at Vijayawada, Guntur & Hyderabad.
- Indian Bank Branches Applications can also be obtained from Indian Bank branches throughout the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. (For details refer to the last page of this booklet).
- Download Application form can be downloaded from the University website : http://www.vignanuniversity.org/pdf/V-Sat_Application_Form-2017.pdf The duly filled application along with the DD for Rs. 1200/- drawn in favour of Vignan University, payable at Guntur should be sent to Dean-Admissions : Vignan’s University, Vadlamudi, Guntur – 522 213 (A.P), so as to reach before the last date specified. Candidates should write their name and address on the reverse of DD.
- Apply-online Candidates can also apply online from the University website : http://vignanuniversity.org/vsat18/ through net banking / credit card / debit card and there is no need to send the copy of the application form by the applicant.
Receipt of application forms
- Last date for receipt of filled-in application at the University office is 10 th April 2018.
- Applications received after the due date will not be entertained.
- Candidates are advised to retain a photo copy of the filled in application for future reference.
- The University will not be responsible for any postal delay, loss in postal transit or any irregularity beyond the control of the University.
Eligibility criteria for admission:
- Candidates born on or after 1st July, 1997 and a pass in Intermediate or its equivalent with minimum 60% aggregate marks are eligible to appear for the admission test.
- Admission to B.Tech. / B.Pharm programmes will be through Vignan’s Scholastic Aptitude Test, V-SAT an on-line test, conducted by Vignan’s University on all India basis.
- Candidates qualified in AP or TS EAMCET / JEE(Mains) / JEE(Advanced) with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the +2 / Intermediate examination.
Streams for V-SAT 2018 :
- Candidates who attempt Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English/Aptitude in the V-SAT 2018 are eligible for all the B.Tech. and B.Pharmacy programmes.
- Candidates who attempt Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English/Aptitude in the V-SAT 2018 are eligible for B.Tech. Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Food Technology and B.Pharmacy Programmes. Note: Candidates appearing for qualifying examination and awaiting results can also apply.
V-SAT 2018 Question Paper Pattern
- The question paper will be in English and consists of 4 sections (Maths or Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English/Aptitude)
- The questions are of multiple choice and objective type. Each question has 4 options. Choose the right option.
- Each correct answer carries one mark.
- There is no negative marking.
S.No Details 1 Section I : Mathematics or Biology consists of 30 questions (30 marks) 2 Section II : Physics consists of 30 questions (30 marks) 3 Section III : Chemistry consists of 30 questions (30 marks) 4 Section IV : English / Aptitude consists of 30 questions (30 Marks) Total 120 Questions (120 marks)
For details of syllabus & model question paper logon to www.vignanuniversity.org
Test City Centre With code numbers
Center Code Center Code Center Code Center Code Anantapur 11 Eluru 20 Kurnool 29 Sambalpur 38 Asansol 12 Guntur 21 Machilipatnam 30 Tanuku 39 Begusarai 13 Hyderabad 22 Nellore 31 Tirupathi 40 Bellari 14 Itanagar 23 Nizamabad 32 Varanasi 41 Bengaluru 15 Jabalpur 24 Ongole 33 Vignan’s University 42 Bhopal 16 Jamshedpur 25 Patna 34 Vijayawada 43 Bhubaneshwar 17 Kakinada 26 Raipur 35 Vishakapatnam 44 Chennai 18 Khammam 27 Rajahmundry 36 Warangal 45 Dispur 19 Kolkata 28 Ranchi 37
Important Dates to Remember
Important Dates to Remember 1 Issue of Application forms : 10 Nov 2017 onwards 2 Last date for receipt of filled in applications : 10-Apr-18 3 On-line Test Dates : 21 – 25 April 2018 4 Test Time : Slot 1. 08.00 A.M. to 10.30 a.m.
Slot 2. 11.00 A.M. to 01.30 P.M.
Slot 3. 02.30 P.M. to 05.00 P.M.
5 Announcement of V-SAT 2018 result : 01-May-18 6 Counseling of merit listed candidates for admission: 10 – 20 May 2018
Venue : Vignan’s University, Vadlamudi,
Guntur – 522 213 (A.P) Ph : +91 863 2344777 / 78
Toll Free : 1800-425-2529
Note : The changes in the above schedule, if any, due to unavoidable circumstances will be informed to the candidates.
As at date of printing every attempt has been made to present accurate information, the University reserves the right to change without any notice about courses offered, intake capacity and other terms & conditions at the time of admission.
The admission will be on the basis of the performance in the V-SAT /EAMCET/JEE-2018.
- The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the RANK obtained in V-SAT /EAMCET/JEE-2018 , provided if he/she gets minimum 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination as per the eligibility criteria. Admissions will be purely on merit and by following the reservation policy applicable to Vignan’s University.
- A common merit list will be prepared based on the performance in the entrance test and they will be called for the counseling to be held at the Vignan’s University premises at Vadlamudi, Guntur District, A.P. through common ranking.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. Having been appeared for the competitive examination or called for counseling does not necessarily mean acceptance of the eligibility for admission.
- The admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand cancelled if he/ she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as marks statements, rank card, transfer certificate, conduct certificate etc.) to the Dean-Admissions before the date stipulated in the admission offer.
- Admissions to various programmes will, however, be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates/documents of the candidates. In case any discrepancy is noticed even at a later point of time after admission, the management reserves the right to cancel the admission and such a decision shall be final and binding on the candidate.