VITEEE-2019 is a Common Entrance Exam and Eligible candidates can select the courses offered at VIT Vellore Campus, Chennai Campus, VIT-Bhopal and VIT-AP on the day of Counselling as per the merit and availability.
VITEEE-2019- Date of issue of Online/Offline Application forms : From 1st November 2018 onwards
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1997 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2019
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2019 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State candidates.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
- Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for VITEEE. Other Open School candidates are not eligible for VITEEE.
- Candidates who have appeared for the +2 exam through different boards in the same academic year are not eligible to appear for VITEEE-2019
Note: All our Admissions are only through Counselling as per VITEEE-2019 ranking. Hence we request the parent/students not to contact any consultants/agents for admission purpose. We have not appointed any consultants /agents for our admissions. For all our admission related information, please refer only www.vit.ac.in website. Do not follow/believe any other fake websites/blogs/facebook/whats’up messages for VIT admission purpose.
CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT THEIR ELIGIBILITY BEFORE THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE PROGRAMME.
Guidelines to VITEEE - 2019 Applicants
Online Application Forms : Cost of Online Application Form : Rs. 1150/-
Get ready with the following to submit the online form:
Softcopy (scanned copy) of recently taken passport size colour photograph with 10kb –200kb (Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) / Softcopy (scanned copy) of Signature of the Candidate with 10kb – 200 kb (Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm ) in JPG / JPEG format. Selfie photos will not be accepted. Also scanned copy of Aadhar Card/proof of enrolment ID for Aadhar Card is to be submitted at the time of counselling
Mode of Payment – Internet Banking facility through Net banking / Debit card / Credit card
All our correspondence including centre booking and issue of e-admit card details will be through SMS/email only. Therefore, the applicant is requested to get ready with valid email id and Mobile number for contact. VIT is not responsible for non-receipt of SMS/email in case of incorrect mobile number/email id.
All the necessary information will be updated on our website www.vit.ac.in in regular intervention
Offline Application Forms
Cost of Offline Application Forms : Rs.1200/-
Offline (OMR) application forms will be available in selected post offices and VIT Campuses. List of post offices will be released in due course.
Equating is a statistical process that is used to adjust scores on test forms (that are approximately equivalent) so that scores on the forms can be used interchangeably. Thus, equating is used to adjust scores of candidates who have taken different forms of a test, in order to facilitate meaningful and fair comparison for merit list and ranking of these candidates. The statistical procedure of Equipercentile Equating would be used by VIT to identify the percentile ranks for candidates, such that scores on different forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent. Thus, Percentile Rank is a unique and invariant position of the test taker in that group. A percentile Rank, say 90 Percentile Rank denotes that there are 90 percent of test takers scores below this score level and 10 percent above this test score. Candidates are advised not to make assumptions and predictions of their score or rank based on their own estimates of raw scores. Since it is Computer Based Test (CBT), there is no revaluation of VITEEE answers as per the VIT Norms.
Selection of VITEEE Question Paper
Candidates are requested to give utmost attention during VITEEE Question paper selection (PCME / PCBE)
PCME – Candidates appearing in PCME is eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree programmes, as per the VITEEE ranking.
PCBE – Candidates appearing in PCBE is eligible only for B.Tech. Bio-stream Degree programmes, as per the VITEEE ranking.
No. of Questions
• PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English) – 120 questions (Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions
• PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English) – 120 questions ( Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions
• No Negative marks for wrong answers
• All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
Tentative Dates of VITEEE - 2019 Schedule
- Application Filling, Creating Login credentials using email id and mobile number – From November 2018
- VITEEE Online Application Correction or Editing the Online Application – upto February 2019 (except mobile number / email id and address corrections)
- Slot Booking (PCME/PCBE) and Hall Ticket or Admit Card generation –in March 2019
- VITEEE-2019 – Entrance Exam – 2nd (or) 3rd week of April 2019
- VITEEE-2019 – Result Declaration – End of April 2019
VELLORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,
TAMIL NADU, INDIA
PHONE NO. 0416-220 2157/ 2168
(MONDAY – FRIDAY – 9.00 AM TO 6.00 PM)
Exclusive VIT Admission Help Line Nos. 0416- 2202125 (ten lines available) will be functioning from November Second week onwards.