VITEEE-2019 is a Common Entrance Exam and Eligible candidates can select the courses offered at VIT Vellore Campus, Chennai Campus, VIT-Bhopal and VIT-AP on the day of Counselling as per the merit and availability.
VITEEE-2019- Date of issue of Online/Offline Application forms : From 1st November 2018 onwards
The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National/PIO/OCI holder.
PIO/OCI candidates should have studied in schools located in India in the preceding two years.
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2019 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2019, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
• The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE, New Delhi).
• Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
• High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Organisation, Geneva.
• General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
• As per VIT norms, NIOS candidates are also eligible to apply. They should submit Migration-Cum-Transfer certificate at the time of admission.
• Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
• Candidates who have appeared for the +2 exam through different boards in the same academic year are not eligible for VITEEE-2019.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination
• Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2019 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
• The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories: (I) For candidates belonging to SC/ST Fill in the proforma as given in Annexure VI and have it attested by a competent authority (The list of authorities empowered for the same is given in Annexure VI). (II) For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. Fill in the CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY (proforma given in Annexure VI).
These documents should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission. In case, the mark statement is not produced by the candidates at the time of admission, the decision of the Management regarding his/her eligibility and admission to the programme shall be final.
• Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree Programmes.
• Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bioengineering and B.Tech. Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech. ECE with spl.in Biomedical Engineering , B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Spec.in Bioinformatics) but after joining, registering for Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1997 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2019. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing which, they will be disqualified.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualifications for admission. Having been called for the test / counselling does not necessarily mean acceptance of the eligibility. If found ineligible at any point of time he/she will be treated as ineligible and admission will be cancelled as per the norms.
It is mandatory that all the original relevant documents (such as Marks statement, Transfer Certificate, Conduct Certificate, etc.,) should be submitted to the Admissions Office at the time of admission.
Admission to various programmes is however, subject to verification of facts from the original certificates/ documents of the candidates. In case, any discrepancy arises, even at a later point of time after admission, the management reserves all rights to cancel the candidate’s admission and this decision shall be final.
Pattern of the Entrance Examination - CBT
• All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question(MCQ).
• PART-I – Physics
• PART-II – Chemistry
• PART-III – Mathematics / Biology
• PART-IV – English
• Candidates attempting Physics,Chemistry, Mathematics & English are eligible for all the B.Tech programmes offered.
• Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English are eligible for B.Tech. Biotechnology, B.Tech. Bioengineering, B.Tech. CSE (spl.in Bioinformatics) and B.Tech. ECE with spl. in Biomedical Engineering programmes.
• The selection of subjects (Physics/Chemistry/ Mathematics or Biology/English) has to be mentioned on the application form itself.
• The questions will primarily be from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus. The syllabus for the Entrance Examination is given in APPENDIX-V of this brochure.
• Each part has 40 questions and English has 5 questions, with each question carrying one mark.
• Each question is followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidate will have to choose the correct answer and click the same
• No negative marks for wrong answers.
Language of the Question Paper
The Question paper will be in English only
Test Cities for VITEEE 2019
The VITEEE – 2019 will be held in 124 cities. The list of Test Cities along with their corresponding codes is given below:
State Test City Code Andaman and Nicobar Islands Port Blair 101 Andhra Pradesh Amaravati 102 Ananthapur 103 Eluru 104 Guntur 105 Kurnool 106 Nellore 107 Rajahmundry 108 Srikakulam 109 Tirupati 110 Tanuku 111 Vijayawada 112 Vishakapatnam 113 Arunachal Pradesh Itanagar 114 Assam Dibrugarh 115 Guwahati 116 Silchar 117 Bhagalpur 118 Gaya 119 Muzaffarpur 120 Patna 121 Chandigarh Chandigarh 122 Chattisgarh Bhilai 123 Bilaspur 124 Raipur 125 Delhi Delhi 126 Goa Goa 127 Gujarat Ahmedabad 128 Rajkot 129 Surat 130 Vadodara 131 Haryana Faridabad 132 Gurgaon 133 Hissar 134 Kurukshetra 135 Himachal Pradesh Dharmshala 136 Shimla 137 Jammu & Kashmir Jammu 138 Srinagar 139 Jharkhand Bokaro 140 Dhanbad 141 Jamhedpur 142 Ranchi 143 Karnataka Bangalore 144 Hubli 145 Mangalore 146 Kerala Kochi 147 Kozhikode 148 Thiruvananthapuram 149 Thrissur 150 Madhya Pradesh Bhopal 151 Gwalior 152 Indore 153 Jabalpur 154 Ujjain 155 Maharashtra Amaravati 156 Aurangabad 157 Latur 158 Mumbai 159 Nagpur 160 Nashik 161 Pune 162 Thane 163 Manipur Imphal 164 Meghalaya Shillong 165 Mizoram Aizwal 166 Nagaland Dimapur 167 Odisha Berhampur 168 Bhubaneswar 169 Rourkela 170 Puducherry Puducherry 171 Punjab Amritsar 172 Bathinda 173 Jalandhar City 174 Ludhiana 175 Rajasthan Ajmer 176 Bikaner 177 Jaipur 178 Jodhpur 179 Kota 180 Udaipur 181 Sikkim Gangtok 182 Tamilnadu Chennai 183 Coimbatore 184 Erode 185 Kumbakonam 186 Madurai 187 Salem 188 Tiruchirapalli 189 Tirunelveli 190 Vellore 191 Telangana Hyderabad 192 Karim Nagar 193 Khammam 194 Mahbubnagar 195 Nalgonda 196 Warangal 197 Tripura Agartala 198 Uttar Pradesh Agra 199 Aligarh 200 Allahabad 201 Bareilly 202 Gorakpur 203 Jhansi 204 Kanpur 205 Lucknow 206 Mathura 207 Meerut 208 Moradabad 209 Noida 210 Rae Bareli 211 Saharanpur 212 Varanasi 213 Dehradun 214 Pant Nagar 215 Roorkee 216 West Bengal Asansol 217 Durgapur 218 Kolkata 219 Siliguri 220 Centres Abroad Dubai 221 Kuwait 222 Muscat 223 Qatar 224
Important Instructions pertaining to VITEEE 2019 - CBT (Computer Based Test)
The salient features of the Computer Based Test are:
• The computer is connected to the server, which delivers the encrypted test in real time through a secure and reliable connection.
• It is assumed that the candidate is familiar with the use of a computer like the use of keyboard and mouse operation.
• It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these basic computer skills before appearing for the entrance test and the Institution cannot take responsibility for the same.
Computer Based Test Procedure
• The candidates must ensure that the computer allotted to them is switched on and any problem with the computer should be informed to the invigilator immediately.
• The questions appearing on the screen will be in English. All questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type. Each MCQ consists of a stem which may be in the form of a question or an incomplete statement and four responses labeled A, B, C and D. Only one of the four responses is the correct answer. Candidate needs to choose that answer. Candidates can navigate freely back and forth, through the questions.
• The number of examination days will be estimated based on the total number of applications received and the test centres will be given as chosen by the candidates on the application form.
• In the rare and unlikely event of a technical failure during the test, the candidate may be required to attempt the test again. Candidate must visit www.vit.ac.in regularly to obtain latest news, information and updates on the entrance test.
• VIT reserves the right to re-schedule the examination for a candidate. The candidate will not be charged any additional entrance exam fee if the re-schedule is initiated by VIT. However, the candidate has to make his/her own arrangements at his / her cost similar to the original schedule to take the test in the revised schedule.
Candidates should strictly submit only one application to appear for the VITEEE. If more than one application is found, the entire registration will be rejected by VIT.
Online Test Booking System
• Online Test booking system is a web based online scheduling system available at www.vit.ac.in.
• Candidate should first choose the Test City (This should be the same as the one chosen on the application form) the date and the batch for the exams.
• The schedule bookings are done on a ‘first-come-first served basis’, and are subject to the availability of the test centre, date and time. In case of non-booking of slot, the slot will be booked automatically by the Institution based on the information given on the application form.
Online Test Booking Password
• For both OMR and online applicants, the password will be sent by email to the email address mentioned on the application form. Therefore, it is mandatory to give a valid e-mail address.
• VIT will not be responsible for non-receipt of the e-mail, if the email address given is incomplete or incorrect.
• The security of your Online Test Booking Password is totally your responsibility. VIT will not be held accountable or responsible for any claim or loss that results directly or indirectly from any unauthorized use or misuse of your online test booking password.
• The Online Test Booking Password must be kept confidential. Do not disclose it to others or write them down or store them in a file on your computer or as auto save password. Your Online Test Booking Password is required only for the purpose of booking a schedule given by the Institute. Please note that the online test booking system will not allow the candidates to book a slot after the date of booking ends.
Online Test Booking Procedure
• While booking your test schedule, please ensure that you have a photocopy of the application form you submitted and the Online Test Booking Password.
• A slot once booked cannot be changed. Request for change of test city, date, slot and subject will not be entertained under any circumstances.
• In case of non-availability of slots in the test centre of your choice, the candidate may choose to book a slot in an alternative centre / date.
• The online test booking system is available only for those eligible candidates who have submitted the application form complete in all respects on or before the last date mentioned.
• It is the responsibility of the candidates to book their test schedule in the ONLINE TEST BOOKING SYSTEM within the stipulated time. VIT will not be held accountable for the non-bookings. The entrance test fee will not be refunded under any circumstances in such cases.
• The confirmation mail will be sent automatically to the candidate’s email address after he / she has booked his / her schedule through the Online Test Booking System.
• Once the booking is complete, the e-Admit card will be generated which needs to be printed by the student from the same page. Reprint option is also available on the same URL link.
• The admission will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE-2019, conducted by VIT.
• Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE are not eligible for admission.
• Candidates will be short-listed based on their entrance examination rank and will be called for the counselling.
Schedule of VITEEE 2019 - Computer Based Test (CBT)
• VIT Engineering Entrance Examination will be conducted in 2ⁿ(or) 3week of April 2019
• The duration of the entrance examination will be of 2 hours 30 minutes.
• The exam will be conducted as 3 sessions per day.
• Exam Timings (IST):
I session – 09.00 am – 11.30 am
II session – 12.30 pm – 03.00 pm
III session – 04.00 pm – 06.30 pm
Examination may be conducted in multiple sessions. However, a candidate is allowed to appear in anyone specified session (PCME/PCBE) only. Mode of Entrance Examination is CBT only. Please refer www.vit.ac.in from March – 2019 onwards, for slot booking details.
Issue of Application Forms – Online
Candidates can also apply online at www.vit.ac.in through the following mode : (I) Net banking /Credit card/Debit card /Paytm for Rs. 1150/- The online applicants need not send the hard copy of the application form to the Institute.
Issue of Application Forms – OMR
• The Prospectus and the information brochure for the B.Tech programme, along with the necessary enclosures which include the Application Form and a printed self-addressed envelope, can be obtained against cash payment of Rs. 1200/- from the various post offices as given in the VIT website: www.vit.ac.in
Candidates can also obtain the application form in person from (I) VIT, Vellore Campus (ii) VIT, Chennai Campus (iii) VIT – Bhopal and (iv) VIT – AP by handing over a Demand Draft for `1200/- drawn in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at the respective campuses.
Candidates are advised to purchase the information brochure / application form only through the means mentioned above and not from any private publisher/ vendor. Fake application forms will not be processed and will be rejected.
Returning the Completed OMR Application
The application form duly completed should be checked to see, if all the items have been correctly filled and appropriate codes indicating your exact choice have been put in the right spaces provided against each. You are advised to go through the checklist available inside the front cover of the brochure. Also ensure that you have adhered to the instructions for completing the computerized OMR application form (section19 in the brochure) before mailing the application. The application should be refolded along the original fold only and inserted in the envelope provided.
Your application should be sent either by Registered Post or Speed Post in the self-addressed envelope provided by VIT, so as to reach the office on or before February 28, 2019. Before despatching the application form ensure that you have filled in the correct Test City Code, Subject and tick the checklist on the envelope provided.
Note: Incomplete application form shall not be considered and no correspondence shall be made in this regard. The application form once sold shall not be taken back under any circumstances nor will the application fee be refunded in any case.
Receipt of Completed Application Form
The last date for receipt of OMR completed application form at VIT is February 28, 2019. Any application received after the last date will not be accepted. Any delay in receiving the application by the candidate will not be considered a valid reason for late submission. The Institute will not accept responsibility for any postal delay, irregularity or loss in postal transit. Do not enclose any document with the application form.
E-tracking / SMS
For the benefit of the candidates, the following arrangements have been made to inform the status of the application, venue of the entrance examination and results.
Once the application is received by VIT, a message will be sent through SMS to the candidates stating that their application has been received at VIT. This would, however, be possible only if the mobile number is correctly shaded in the application form. The candidates may also track the status of their application by typing their application number in the VIT website. However, this feature can be availed only after 3 weeks of despatch of their application. At the time of publication of the results, the rank will be intimated through SMS and it will also be made available in the website www.vit.ac.in
• The e-Admit card will be generated once the candidate has booked his/her schedule through the Online Test Booking System.
• The e-Admit card will be auto-generated for only those candidates who book a slot using the Online Test Booking system before the last date. For those who have not booked, slots will be generated based on the information given on the application form and availability of the slot.
• The e-Admit card will indicate the e-Admit card number, photograph of the student, address of the test center, test date and time selected by the candidate. Discrepancies, if any, must be brought to the notice of VIT immediately.
• The e-Admit card will be made available for candidates in www.vit.ac.in. Candidate should provide the application form number and Online Test Booking password to download the e-Admit card.
• The copy of the e-Admit card will also be emailed to the candidate.
• Candidates must provide a valid email ID on the application form. The e-Admit card will not be despatched to candidates via post or fax.
• Candidates should ensure that a printer is connected to their computer while printing the e-Admit card.
• Candidates should take a print out of the e-Admit card using the print option on A4 size paper only. Please ensure that all information on the e-Admit card including photograph is clearly visible on the print out.
• Candidates will not be permitted to appear for the test without valid e-Admit card. Candidates must not mutilate the e-Admit card or change any entry made therein after it has been authenticated and received by them. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
• The e-Admit card is an important document and it must be preserved and produced at the time of counselling / admission
Candidates will not be allowed to attend the test, without the following documents. Candidate should report to the selected test centre with: 1. e-Admit card and 2. Any one of the following for photo identification. a. School or college Photo ID card b. Twelfth Standard board exam hall ticket (or) admit card bearing photo c. Aadhar Card d. Passport e. Driving License f. Voter ID card g. IT Pan card
Admit card will not be processed if the Application is incomplete
• In the case of an eligible candidate, whose application form is incomplete (For eg. Declaration not signed, no signature below the photograph, photograph not affixed on the application form, address not clearly written, invalid e-mail ID etc.), the application will not be processed for the issue of an Admit Card. VIT does not take the responsibility to inform such candidates.
• Candidates are advised to thoroughly check the application form (OMR) before posting.
• Biometric registration is a part of attendance and hall ticket verification process and VIT reserves the right to carry out the same either before or during the examination or both. Candidates who do not co-operate during the bio-metric registration process will not be allowed to take the examination and VIT reserves the right to disqualify such candidates. Biometric authentication will be carried out again for the candidates during counselling and admission. All candidates are expected to cooperate and plan their time accordingly.
• Candidates are not allowed to carry any items other than the documents mentioned in information brochure to the examination hall. VIT will not be responsible for any loss of valuables.
Mock / Demo Test :
A mock test will be available to the candidates on the website www.vit.ac.in. This is mainly designed to provide the candidates awareness of the procedure and to get used to the various components of the exam. The mock test will give the candidate an idea of all the features of the entrance test. The mock test will be in the form of flash file that can be downloaded to the system and the candidate can go through the entire flash file of the demo/mock test any number of times.
Do’s for the candidates
• Be present at the test centre as per the reporting time mentioned in the e-Admit card.
• Register your name in the registration counter and carry the e-Admit card and a valid ID proof for verification.
• Sit in your allotted seat only.
• Maintain perfect silence and work on your testing process only.
• Sign the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator.
Don’t’s for the candidates
• Not allowed to carry any text material, printed or written, bits of papers or any material except the e-Admit card inside the test hall.
• Not permitted to carry any electronic devices like mobile phones, paging devices, calculators, spy cameras and music systems.
• Not allowed to go outside the test hall till the completion of the entire duration of the exam time.
• Not allowed to eat or drink anything (snacks, tea, coffee and cool drinks etc.) inside the test hall. Plain water bottles with nothing written or printed on them will be allowed.
• Violation of any instruction and adoption of any unfair means in the examination hall will make the candidate ineligible for admission.
• Impersonation (or any such crimes) will be reported to Police.
A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in VITEEE-2019. Note: There is no provision to send the marks of the candidates (selected or unselected) by post. At the time of publication of the results, the rank will be intimated through SMS, if the mobile number of the applicant is provided.
Since the final grades are scrutinized with extreme care, there is no provision for re-grading and re-totaling. The photocopies of the answer sheets will not be made available. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
Candidate should appear for the entrance only once. VIT has the right to hold the rank for the candidates appearing in VITEEE for more than one time.
Announcement of Results
The entrance examination results will be available on the VIT website – www.vit.ac.in
Equating is a statistical process that is used to adjust scores on test forms (that are approximately equivalent) so that scores on the forms can be used interchangeably. Thus, equating is used to adjust scores of candidates who have taken different forms of a test, in order to facilitate meaningful and fair comparison for merit list and ranking of these candidates. The statistical procedure of Equip percentile Equating would be used by VIT to identify the percentile ranks for candidates, such that scores on different forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent. Thus, Percentile Rank is a unique and invariant position of the test taker in that group. A percentile Rank, say 90 Percentile Rank denotes that there are 90 percent of test takers who have scored below this score level and 10 percent above this test score. Candidates are advised not to make assumptions and predictions of their score or rank based on their own estimates of raw scores.
Since it is a CBT, utmost care will be given for the valuation process. Hence there will be no revaluation of the answers.
Scholarship under “GV School Development Programme” (GVSDP)
Performance Scholarship* Toppers of each State Board
and Central Board
100% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years. VITEEE rank holders of 1 to 50 75% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years. VITEEE rank holders of 51 to 100 50% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years. VITEEE rank holders of 101 to 1000 25% tuition fee waiver for all the four years.
The selected candidates will have to submit a DD for Rs.50,000 /- in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at Vellore, on the confirmation of seat and acceptance of branch allotted. This includes Rs.11,800/- towards counselling processing fee. Counselling processing fee is NON-REFUNDABLE, but will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the Institute.
Counselling procedure for allocation of seats/ branch
The counselling for allocation of branches to the short- listed candidates is based on their All India Rank (AIR) in VITEEE2019. A candidate may obtain this information on our website or by calling the VIT office, a day after the declaration of the results of VITEEE-2019.
VIT is in no way responsible for information regarding counselling not reaching the candidates. They should check the VIT website: www.vit.ac.in for information about counselling. No change of date/time of counselling is permissible.
It is mandatory to submit the required documents as mentioned below at the time of counseling If the mark statement of the qualifying exam has not been received before the date of counselling, the candidate would have to furnish an undertaking stating that if he/she fails to qualify as per the norms, it would lead him / her to forego his / her seat.
Candidate will not be permitted to attend counselling more than once under any circumstances. Similarly no change of campus and change of branch will be entertained.
Advance payment for Hostel
Candidate requiring hostel accommodation will have to submit a separate crossed Demand Draft for `21,000/- (of which,`1200/- hostel admission processing fee is nonrefundable.) drawn in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at Vellore and students need to mention their choice of bed (two bedded / three bedded etc.,) in the online student profile, while filling the online counselling form. Payment of Hostel Advance does not necessarily guarantee Hostel Accommodation. Hostel Accommodation will be made according to the availability.
Submission of Documents at the time of counselling
The candidates should produce the following documents in original along with two sets of photocopies while reporting for counselling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the counselling process without these documents.
• VITEEE-2019 e-Admit Card, Counselling Admit card and VITEEE Result copy
• Class X Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth or any other age proof Certificate
• Mark sheet of Qualifying Examination (If available)
• XII Hall ticket (For candidates awaiting results)
• Community Certificate (For SC/ST candidates only)
• Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura).
• DEMAND DRAFT for Rs.50,000/- drawn in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at Vellore.
• Demand Draft for Rs.21,000/- drawn in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at Vellore, for Hostel admission
Candidates without DD for the above said amount will not be permitted to attend counselling.
Candidates will only be allowed to participate in the counselling process, after verification of documents, authentic records pertaining to identification, age, mark sheets of qualifying examination, community, nativity (if applicable)and other eligibility criteria as specified in Section-3. If a candidate fails to produce any of these documents, he/she will not be considered for admission.
A candidate should decide for certain on whether he/she should join the programme based on the branch allotted to him / her at the time of counselling before payment of the fees
Allotment of branch and Campus once made is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
VELLORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,
TAMIL NADU, INDIA
PHONE NO. 0416-220 2157/ 2168
(MONDAY – FRIDAY – 9.00 AM TO 6.00 PM)
Exclusive VIT Admission Help Line Nos. 0416- 2202125 (ten lines available) will be functioning from November Second week onwards.