▶ VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) for B.Tech is common for VIT-Vellore, VIT-Chennai, VIT-Bhopal and VIT-AP.
▶ All admissions are based on VITEEE ranking and the students can select the campus of their choice based on the availability during counselling.
▶ All admissions are subject to the discipline and conduct of the candidate.
▶ The admissions are done in a transparent manner only on merit basis. Please do not pay any money to Consultants/ Brokers / Intermediaries. There is neither a MANAGEMENT QUOTA nor CAPITATION FEE at VIT. VIT does not accept cash.
Last date for Receipt of Applications Wednesday, February 28th, 2018 VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE-2018) 4thApril to 15th April 2018 Declaration of Results (Tentative) Wednesday, April 25th, 2018
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National.
- Foreign Nationals can apply separately through Foreign National Application form.
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2018 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2018, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination -ISCE, New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
As per VIT Norms, NIOS candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2018. They should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination:
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2018 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.Tech. Programmes.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-engineering and B.Tech.Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Spec. in Bioinformatics) and Electronics and Communication with spl. in Biomedical Engineering but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Age Limit :
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2018. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing for which they will be disqualified.
How to Apply?
Important Dates and Cost of Application
PARTICULARS DATES Issue of VITEEE-2018 Application Forms 09.11.2017 Last date to apply 28.02.2018 VITEEE-2018 04.04.2018 to 15.04.2018 Tentative Counselling Dates Second week of May 2018 Declaration of Results (Tentatively) On or before 25.04.2018 Cost of OMR Application Form Rs. 1200/- (inclusive of GST) Cost of Online Application Form Rs. 1150/- (inclusive of GST)
Availability of offline and online application forms
- Offline (OMR) application form:
Candidates can obtain the application form at the cost of Rs.1200/- (inclusive of GST) through the following modes:
- From the designated list of post offices throughout India. List of Post Offices (or)
- By producing the Demand Draft for Rs. 1200/- in favour of VIT University, in person, from the following places:
(i) VIT , Vellore Campus
- (ii) VIT , Chennai Campus
- (iii) VIT-Bhopal (MP)
- (iv) VIT-Amaravati (AP)
- Online application form
Candidates can apply online at www.vit.ac.in through the following modes:
- Net banking/Credit card/Debit card for Rs. 1150/- (inclusive of GST) – General candidates
- NRI candidates and candidates choosing abroad test centres can apply through online for 50 USD
Online applicants are requested not to send the hardcopy of the application form.
All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- Part –I – Physics
- Part-II – Chemistry
- Part-III-Mathematics / Biology
- Part-IV – English
- PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English) – 120 questions (Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions
- PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English) – 120 questions ( Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions
- No Negative marks for wrong answers
SELECTION OF VITEEE QUESTION PAPER
- Candidates are requested to give utmost attention during VITEEE Question paper selection (PCME / PCBE)
PCME – Candidates appearing in PCME (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/English) is eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree programmes, as per the VITEEE ranking
PCBE – Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-engineering and B.Tech.Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Spec. in Bioinformatics) and Electronics and Communication with spl. in Biomedical Engineering but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.