The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was established in 1962 by Government of West Bengal in exercise of the powers conferred under article 162 of the Constitution of India in pursuant to No. 828-Edn(T), dated 02.03.1962. Subsequently, the Board was recognised as a Statutory Body vide West Bengal Act XIV of 2014 and was authorised for conducting the Joint Entrance Examination in respect to admission to various institutions in West Bengal imparting education in Medical, Engineering and Technological courses.
The Board has been empowered to conduct Common Entrance Examinations for admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Professional and Vocational Courses both in the Undergraduate and Post graduate level. As such, it always endeavours to advocate transparency and implement effective state-of-the-art technology in conducting such examinations. WBJEEB has been instrumental in conducting the admission process through online application and allotment through e-Counselling since 2012.
For the academic session of 2018-19, the Board is going to conduct the Common Entrance Examination for admission to Undergraduate Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture Courses in Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes in the State of West Bengal.
Instructions for Online Application
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR ON LINE APPLICATION
Candidates are required to go through the Information Bulletin carefully before attempting for online application. Once an application is received, it will be construed that the candidate agrees to all terms & conditions, rules & regulations stipulated in the Information Bulletin and notices published by the Board for the said purpose. Any application not in compliance with the conditions specified in the Information Bulletin is liable to be rejected.
1. Application for WBJEE-2018 has to be done online only. There is no printed application form available.
2. Ensure filling genuine application form available on line at www.wbjeeb.nic.in
3. It is essential to have a mobile number and a unique email ID. All future communications will be sent through the registered mobile number and email ID. WBJEEB will not be responsible for non-receipt of any communication by the candidates if the mobile number and/or the email ID are wrong/nonexisting/changed.
4. Once the registration details i.e. name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender and date of birth are entered and submitted, they cannot be changed/modified/edited under normal circumstances. Also the information must match exactly with the school admit cards, mark sheets, certificates, photo identity cards, caste/category certificates etc. which a candidate has to produce at the time of entering the examination hall, during counselling, during admission and during registration with the University.
5. Do not attempt to make any duplicate application.
6. Do not share your application number; pass word, security question/answer with anyone.
7. Upload scanned copy of photograph and signature as instructions provided in the Information Bulletin.
8. If any information other than name, father’s name, mother’s name and date of birth given in the application needs to be corrected then do the correction within the given window period of correction. The Board will not make any correction thereafter.
9. If any candidate receives any SMS/email regarding discrepancy in photograph/signature uploaded by him/her, he/she must take corrective action immediately within one day.
10. The amount of application fees to be paid for appearing in the WBJEE-2018 is ₹500 (Rupees five hundred only) plus the Bank’s Service Charges as applicable. The Examination Fees can be paid either in cash less mode by ‘Net Banking’/ ‘Debit Card’/ ‘Credit Card’ or in cash using Allahabad Bank e-challan. WBJEE-2018 Information Bulletin Page: 4/74 Payment status is updated automatically and hence should show ‘OK’ immediately after the payment. But in some rare cases it may be delayed due to the Bank’s network delay/failure or transaction failure at the Electronic Payment Gateway (EPG). If the payment status does not show ‘OK’ immediately after making the payment then the candidates are advised as follows, a) If the payment was made by e-challan, contact the bank branch immediately, where the cash payment was made. b) If the payment was made by net banking/debit card/credit card, and the transaction failed at EPG, the candidate has to make payment once again. Do not wait for the last day to make fee payment in order to avoid payment failure by Bank or EPG.
11. Keep copies of confirmation page, admit card in safe custody. It is not possible to generate any duplicate copy.
12. For any query regarding the examination, contact: Controller of Examinations West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board AQ-13/1, Sector –V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091 Examination Helpdesk:-1800-1023-781 Email: Link in www.wbjeeb.in
Eligibility criteria for appearing in the WBJEE-2018
a) Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
b) Age Restriction:
(i) The lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on 31.12.2018. A candidate should have been born on or before 31.12.2001. There is no upper age limit in appearing in the WBJEE-2018.
(ii) However, for admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course The lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on 31.12.2018 and the upper age limit is 25 Years as on 31.12.2018.
For admission to Engineering courses
a) Candidate must have passed the Qualifying Examination i.e. the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects as stated above in regular class mode.
b) Must have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category e.g. SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD) in the above three subjects taken together.
c) Must have passed English in the ‘10+2’ examination with at least 30% marks.
d) The Board of the said Qualifying Examination must be recognized by the Central Government or State Government concerned.
Rules of Examination
1. Candidates are advised to enter the examination centres at least 30 minutes before commencement of the test.
2. Be sure about the exact location of your examination centre and means of commuting, in order to avoid any inconvenience on the day of examination.
3. No candidate will be allowed to seat for the test in any centre other than the one allotted to him/her and as is mentioned in the admit card.
4. Carry the following documents to enter the examination centre. a. A hard copy of admit card of WBJEE-2018 b. A copy of colour photograph as was uploaded during online application. c. Any photo identity card in original such as Aadhar card/ Pan card / Passport/ voter card/ 10th standard admit card/ School – ID card.
5. Frisking may be carried out while entering the centre for checking prohibited objects.
6. Candidates are advised to take their seats at least 15 minutes before the test.
7. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall beyond the scheduled time of commencement of the test under any circumstance.
8. Candidates are not allowed to carry any written or printed material, calculator, pen, docu-pen, log table, wristwatch, any communication device like mobile phones etc. inside the examination hall. Any candidate found with such items will be reported against & his/her candidature will be summarily cancelled.
9. Question booklets will be distributed well before commencement of the test. Take out the OMR sheet without breaking seals of the question booklet.
10. Check that your OMR number & question booklet number are same. If not, ask the invigilator to replace the whole set from same series.
11. Put your signature on the top of question booklet.
12. Read the instructions given on OMR & on the cover page of question booklet very carefully.
13. Write question booklet number & roll number at the appropriate places on the OMR. (See APPENDIX-12). Wrong entry of question booklet number & roll number may lead to rejection of the OMR or wrong scoring, for which the Board will not remain responsible. If any candidate makes any mistake, he/she must not over write. Request the invigilator to strike it out & rewrite the correct numbers and put his/her signature.
14. Darken appropriate bubbles of question booklet number & Roll number.
15. Write your name in BLOCK LETTERS, name of the centre & put your signature in appropriate places on the OMR. Do not put any stray mark anywhere else; it may lead to rejection of OMR.
16. Check that your Roll number, photograph, spelling of your name in the attendance sheet (see APPENDIX-13) matches with those given in your admit card. If any correction is needed, bring it to the notice of the invigilator.
17. Question booklet seals can be opened only at the time of commencement of test and as will be announced by the invigilator. Check all the pages of question booklet. If there is any damage or missing page or any difficulties to read the question booklet, ask your invigilator to replace the whole set from the same series.
18. Maintain silence during the test. Any conversation/gesticulation or creation of disturbances will be deemed as misdemeanor. If any candidate is found adopting any unfair means, his/her candidature will be cancelled and / or he/she will be debarred either permanently or for a period for the paper as is deemed fit by the Centre- in- Charge.
19. No discussion will be allowed with the invigilator regarding any question.
20. Candidates may do rough work in the space provided in the question booklet.
21. No candidate will leave his/her seat without permission of the invigilator until the test is over.
22. No candidate will leave the hall till the end of the test & all OMRs are collected & tallied by the invigilator.
23. Candidates are allowed to take his/her question booklet after the test.
24. Any candidate found to occupy a seat other than the one allotted to him/her will be reported against & his/her paper will be cancelled.
25. If any Examinee is found impersonating, he/she will be handed over to the police & candidature of the original candidate will be cancelled outright.
Examination Districts and Zones
Districts of W.B. Zones Alipurduar Alipurduar Bankura Bankura Bishnupur Birbhum Bolpur Suri Paschim Burdwan Asansol Durgapur Purba Burdwan Burdwan Coochbihar Coochbihar Darjeeling Kurseong Siliguri Dakshin Dinajpur Balurghat Uttar Dinajpur Raiganj Hooghly Arambagh Bandel,
Srirampur Howrah Bally, Uttarpara Central Howrah, Shibpur Domjur Uluberia Jalpaiguri Jalpaiguri Jhargram Jhargram Kalimpong Kalimpong Kolkata Central Kolkata North Kolkata South Kolkata Malda Malda Paschim Medinipur Garbeta Kharagpur Medinipur Purba Medinipur Contai Haldia Tamluk Murshidabad Berhampur Jiaganj Raghunathganj Nadia Kalyani Krishnanagar Nabadwip Purulia Purulia North 24 Parganas Barrackpur,
Basirhat Bongaon South 24 Parganas Diamond
Other States Assam Silchar Tripura Agartala
WBJEEB attempts to allocate the examination centre of a candidate at his/her 1st choice. No request for change of allocated centre will be entertained under normal circumstances. Any examination zone may be dropped in unavoidable circumstances. Discretion of the Board shall be final in this regard.
Admit Card & Allocation of exam center
a) Admit cards will be generated on the notified date for the student to download and take a print. Candidate has to carry a printed hard copy of the admit card to the examination centre.
b) Candidates must ensure that the admit card is not mutilated/ distorted/ soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated/ distorted/ soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
c) Candidates can generate duplicate admit cards only till the date of examination. Hence, candidates are advised to retain their admit cards carefully in secured place to avoid any damage to the document.
d) If a candidate need a duplicate admit card after the examination, the same can be provided by the Board, but only till 31/07/2018. In order to get a duplicate admit card, the candidate has to apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500/- by a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata.
e) WBJEEB does not verify the information provided by the candidate during on-line application. Admit cards are issued only on the basis of the information provided by the candidate. All applicants, who appear to be prima facie eligible, will be issued admit cards and will be provisionally permitted to sit for WBJEE-2018.
f) All verifications are to be done during counseling, admission, registration with the university etc. If at any stage after examination it is found on scrutiny that the applicant is otherwise ineligible, his/her candidature shall be treated as cancelled even if he/she had appeared in and secured a Merit Rank. Hence, appearing in the examination and securing a rank does not constitute a right/guarantee in favour of a candidate for his/her claim for admission.
Allocation of examination center
Allocation of examination centre will be based on the choices given by the candidate during online form fill-up. However, discretion of the Board in allocation of examination centre shall be final. No request for change of allocated centre will be entertained under normal circumstances.
a) Candidates from West Bengal, Assam and Tripura must select any three zones in order of preference.
b) Candidates from other states must select any three zones from Kolkata/ Howrah/ North 24 Parganas/South 24 Parganas in order of preference.
Any examination zone may be dropped if adequate numbers of candidates are not available or under any unavoidable circumstance. In such case the candidate will be allocated alternative examination zone
Declaration of Result and Counselling
Evaluation and declaration of result
a) The Model Answer Keys will be published in www.wbjeeb.nic.in shortly after the examination. For this purpose, candidates are advised to regularly follow the web site after the examination.
b) Any candidate can challenge any model answer key by logging in with his/her password.
c) Challenges of the model answer keys will be accepted on line through the link to be given for the purpose in www.wbjeeb.nic.in on payment of ₹500 per question plus the bank’s service charges. The amount is payable by net banking/debit card/ credit card/ e-challan. The fee once paid is non-refundable.
d) The Board will review the challenges and publish Final and Frozen Answer Keys. The Board’s decision in this regard will be final and no further communication will be entertained.
e) Images of OMRs and machine read responses will be uploaded in www.wbjeeb.nic.in two to three weeks (tentatively) after the examination.
f) Any candidate can view the images of his/her OMRs and machine read responses by logging in with his/her password.
g) The candidates, who are not satisfied with the captured responses can challenge on line through the link to be given for the purpose in www.wbjeeb.nic.in on payment of ₹500 per question plus bank’s service charges. The amount is payable by net banking/debit card/ credit card/ e-challan. The fee once paid is non-refundable.
h) The Board will review the challenges and take final decision. The Board’s decision on the challenges will be final and no further communication will be entertained.
i) Challenges by letter, fax, telephone etc. other than through online mode will not be accepted or entertained.
j) Candidates may download and preserve images of their OMRs, their machine read responses and answer keys. Such documents will not be available online after publication of result. If any candidate fails to download his/her documents in time and requires any of them after publication of result, he/she will have to pay Rs. 500/- by demand draft in the name of ‘West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board’ payable at Kolkata for each document. The document will be sent to the candidate to his/her registered email ID.
k) A candidate can calculate his/her score from his/her machine read response and answer keys published. However if any candidate needs a calculation sheet from the Board, he/she will have to pay Rs. 500/- by demand draft for each paper. The calculation sheet will be sent to the candidate to his/her email ID.
l) Final result will be published in the form of Rank Card, which will contain all relevant ranks, total score and component scores in paper-I (Mathematics) and paper-II (physics & Chemistry).
m) Candidates can view and download their rank card by logging in with their password.
n) Duplicate rank cards cannot be generated at any later stage after completion of e-counselling and admission conducted by the Board. Hence candidates are advised to retain their rank cards carefully in a secured place for all future purpose.
o) If a candidate need a duplicate rank card even after completion of ecounselling and admission conducted by the Board, the same can be provided, but only till 31/07/2018. In order to get a duplicate rank card, the candidate has to apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500/- by a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata
p) Ranks cards with scores will be issued to all candidates, who appeared in WBJEE-2018. But all may not be awarded a rank and hence may not be eligible for e-counseling, for which a cut off rank and/or a cut off score will be decided by the board.
Activity Date (with time) 1 Start of Online form fill-up 19/12/2017 2 Last date of online form fill-up including payment and downloading confirmation page 19/01/2018 3 Last date of downloading confirmation page 24/01/2018 4 Window for correction by candidates 26/01/2018 to 28/01/2018 5 Publication of Downloadable Admit Card in www.wbjeeb.nic.in 10/04/2018 (tentative) 6 Date of Examinations: 22/04/2018 Paper-I (Mathematics) 11:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry) 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m 7 Publication of Results 05/06/2018 (tentative)